Drum & Bass Menosance - Going Beyond

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Menosance, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

This is a track I recently produced.
    To be brutally honest, I don't think that my mastering is 100% accurate. If you think so do please mention which part is sounding bad.

PLEASE comment and critize on anything!!! I am feeling that I have reached a skills block rather than an artist's creativity block :(

Menosance

2. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

The mix isn't terrible but it could use some work. The track as a whole definitely needs a bit more filling to make it more interesting... I only counted about 4 or 5 different sounds - thats not gunna interest people for long. Think about what sounds would complement the tune.. dont be afraid to root around for samples if you're having trouble using synths!

Keep at it !

3. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Thanks I'll definitively look at it. But for some reason I can't understand the balance betwwen limiting to few sounds and having quite an number of different sounds.

4. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

your drums sound clean :) maybe some more percussion/loops to fill it out, some shuffles inbetween the kicks and snares
    the bass needs work..... try splitting the fequencies of ur bass or using sends to add some grit, maybe chorus, etc., also i think u could bring it up in volume!

what u might find is when u beef up the bass ur drums might get drowned out a bit... easy to fix!

:)

5. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

As such, I agree that I could maximize it more but I don't want to choke its life out of it.