Menosance - Alone (and a track from Osoi)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi there,

I hope this finds you well. It has been quite sometime since I posted a track here and now it is about time I give you one. Here is Alone, a deep D&B track which I am considering sending to a label. All critism is welcome and I really would like to know what you think about it.

soundcloud.com/menosance/menosance-alone/s-Tu5l5

Also, I would like to show my other alias OSOI which features 126/130/140 bpm music made by me. Here is a remix for Submotion Orchestra's Worries. I know it is not D&B but I thought you might be interested in my other music projects:

Thanks in advance and much love,
Meno & Osoi ;)

It sounds well mixed and communicates a strong feeling, which should be the goal of any song IMO

As a musician, I had a question about the structure, I come from a bass playing rock, soul (and recently cheesy coverband) musical background, so I automatically zero on the songs structure (8 bars A, 4 bars D etc) and I couldn't get it right away.

Is this like a fusion structure, instead of sections A A B A they have stuff like A B C D E with repeating little motifs?

And I'm pretty sure you meant to do that, just curious about how common that is in this music?

Loving 'Alone'!
The only two things I notice, which are more of a personal taste: when the bass goes to the lower notes, that distortion gets a bit to muddy. And the intro/breakdown are a bit too atmosperic for me. Not that the atmospheric stuff is bad, on the contrary, but it's a bit to long for me. Again: these are more personal preferences then technical things, so you do what you want with that stuff!

As a musician, I had a question about the structure, I come from a bass playing rock, soul (and recently cheesy coverband) musical background, so I automatically zero on the songs structure (8 bars A, 4 bars D etc) and I couldn't get it right away.

as long as the tune variates enough and you use blocks of 8/16 bars, everything is just fine!

Yeah, I definitely wasn't criticizing, my tracks wouldn't let me haha, just curious about more advanced structures I hear in some of these tracks

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom