Menosance - Alone (and a track from Osoi)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi there,

I hope this finds you well. It has been quite sometime since I posted a track here and now it is about time I give you one. Here is Alone, a deep D&B track which I am considering sending to a label. All critism is welcome and I really would like to know what you think about it.

soundcloud.com/menosance/menosance-alone/s-Tu5l5

Also, I would like to show my other alias OSOI which features 126/130/140 bpm music made by me. Here is a remix for Submotion Orchestra's Worries. I know it is not D&B but I thought you might be interested in my other music projects:

https://soundcloud.com/osoi%2Fsubmotion-orchestra-worries-osoi-remix
Thanks in advance and much love,
Meno & Osoi ;)

It sounds well mixed and communicates a strong feeling, which should be the goal of any song IMO

As a musician, I had a question about the structure, I come from a bass playing rock, soul (and recently cheesy coverband) musical background, so I automatically zero on the songs structure (8 bars A, 4 bars D etc) and I couldn't get it right away.

Is this like a fusion structure, instead of sections A A B A they have stuff like A B C D E with repeating little motifs?

And I'm pretty sure you meant to do that, just curious about how common that is in this music?

Solace

VIP Junglist
Loving 'Alone'!
The only two things I notice, which are more of a personal taste: when the bass goes to the lower notes, that distortion gets a bit to muddy. And the intro/breakdown are a bit too atmosperic for me. Not that the atmospheric stuff is bad, on the contrary, but it's a bit to long for me. Again: these are more personal preferences then technical things, so you do what you want with that stuff!

As a musician, I had a question about the structure, I come from a bass playing rock, soul (and recently cheesy coverband) musical background, so I automatically zero on the songs structure (8 bars A, 4 bars D etc) and I couldn't get it right away.
as long as the tune variates enough and you use blocks of 8/16 bars, everything is just fine!

Yeah, I definitely wasn't criticizing, my tracks wouldn't let me haha, just curious about more advanced structures I hear in some of these tracks

Thanks!