Menosance - 2 new A-sides :D (Both Techstep)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi guys,

I hope you are full of health. I have recently created 2 (almost 2 tbh) new singles which I shall upload them here from time to time. Here you will see the finished A-Sides of both singles. I am still not happy with both B-Sides so they are still in the 'lab'. Since I last uploaded here, I have changed the way I mix completely, mainly post-mixing. I have started to take a look at the tracks everyday to see if there is any refinement to be dealt with. Both of these singles have faced this new system and have pass through the system. I would love to hear some opinions on both tracks on all subjects since I feel that they might just be my best work yet.

First up is Nerve Drain. Quite techy with the utilization of 'real' kicks.
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/nerve-drain/s-svEkJ

Secondly is Find It. This sort of track is a bit strange for me but I'm glad of the way it came out. I am intending that in future time once I am happy with the B-Side as well to send it to the best label of Techstep (you can guess which already) so I do hope that people like the vibe and mixing.
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/find-it-eeeeeeee/s-bqciE

I do hope you like what you hear and thanks for your comments.

Much Love,
Meno :)

im feeling the first one, could use a bit of variation, and the intro needs a few more layers coming in. some nice sounds in there, the arp is very cool. the drums sound nice too, maybe a few switch up and fills to spice things up could be nice! keep going with it!

im not feeling the second one at all if im honest man. the drums sound like there out of time with the bass, almost like when your mixing two tunes together and 1 is a little bit behind. it also sounds weird musically to me! (sorry to sound harsh)

im feeling the first one, could use a bit of variation, and the intro needs a few more layers coming in. some nice sounds in there, the arp is very cool. the drums sound nice too, maybe a few switch up and fills to spice things up could be nice! keep going with it!

im not feeling the second one at all if im honest man. the drums sound like there out of time with the bass, almost like when your mixing two tunes together and 1 is a little bit behind. it also sounds weird musically to me! (sorry to sound harsh)

Thanks man for your comments. For the first track I a thinking of spicing it up with some reverb effects here and there with some slight changes in the drums in some sections. Does mixing sounds nice though? Because that is my main worry.

The second track I mainly posted to know what people think about the vibe. Was aiming at a mixture of Fracture & Mark System's sounds with mine as well. You didn't sound harsh at all. Even I was finding it hard to see if people liked the idea (It's half-time as well)

More opinions form other forum members as well please :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, little update here.

For Nerve Drain I have changed a couple of sections mainly by removing the extra high hats on top and for another couple of sections I did some automation on the reverb of the pads.

Now here I am uploading Surrealism which is the B-Side of Nerve Drain. I wanted to go a bit artistic with it so here is the final product. Do please comment.
Surrealism
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/surrealism/s-H9Kr0

Thanks all :)

Man, I'm not meaning to be offensive or anything, cause I appreciate what you're trying to do and it's really hard to get right, and it's better than just trying to copy noisia
BUT
You seem to have caught the experimentalist bug a bit: putting in sounds and techniques that are unique, just because they are unique and different, not cause they sound good.
I think a general thing for all of your tracks is more variation. Just bringing in all the different parts at different times isn't enough. Practice making FILLS, just the last half of every fourth bar. Billain has some fantastic glitchy ones, and they're all really different and distinct from each other.
Try not to think of your pieces as one bar loops, which repeat eight times then drop out/come in. Each eight bar section should have a couple of fills in it, and at least half the eight bar sections should be building towards something.
With regards to the second track and half-time, half time and triplets in bass don't really work together. Half time generally works best without crotchet triplets, unless you want the piece to sound a little out of time?

Man, I'm not meaning to be offensive or anything, cause I appreciate what you're trying to do and it's really hard to get right, and it's better than just trying to copy noisia
BUT
You seem to have caught the experimentalist bug a bit: putting in sounds and techniques that are unique, just because they are unique and different, not cause they sound good.
I think a general thing for all of your tracks is more variation. Just bringing in all the different parts at different times isn't enough. Practice making FILLS, just the last half of every fourth bar. Billain has some fantastic glitchy ones, and they're all really different and distinct from each other.
Try not to think of your pieces as one bar loops, which repeat eight times then drop out/come in. Each eight bar section should have a couple of fills in it, and at least half the eight bar sections should be building towards something.
With regards to the second track and half-time, half time and triplets in bass don't really work together. Half time generally works best without crotchet triplets, unless you want the piece to sound a little out of time?

Thanks man I was expecting worse at first. Variation is a bit of a problem with me since I find it hard to grasp with each track but I appreciate the fact that you do understand where I am going with my sound. You did take a listen at Nerve Drain and Find it only right?? The half-time track is purely experimental so there could be some mistakes in the track sound-wise. But I appreciate your comments my man :) Mix-wise do they sound good though??

ok so nerve drain first, I think you need to change the intro up a bit, add more elements some fx some movement, maybe some hats whatever, maybe a little buildup?
I really dont like the intro synth that stays through the first part of the main drop, the sounditself just doesn't really fit (and or sound professional, maybe both). The bass and the lead melody are really cool though ! I would make some notch filter sweeps or some modulationson the bass to get it to move a bit to introduce some variation.

find it is a bit too experimental for my taste, especially the vocals give it a really weird vibe and make it kinda sound like a design and bass track (which have amazing production and creativity skills by the way, come from a good producer though so thats not surprising).

cant comment on mixdown as i have shitty headphones only, sorry

ok so nerve drain first, I think you need to change the intro up a bit, add more elements some fx some movement, maybe some hats whatever, maybe a little buildup?
I really dont like the intro synth that stays through the first part of the main drop, the sounditself just doesn't really fit (and or sound professional, maybe both). The bass and the lead melody are really cool though ! I would make some notch filter sweeps or some modulationson the bass to get it to move a bit to introduce some variation.

find it is a bit too experimental for my taste, especially the vocals give it a really weird vibe and make it kinda sound like a design and bass track (which have amazing production and creativity skills by the way, come from a good producer though so thats not surprising).

cant comment on mixdown as i have shitty headphones only, sorry

Thanks cele. I do suffer sometimes in intros and they are quite important in tracks. Will definitively take a look at them. Thanks for the nice comment on my skills but will surely revisit Nerve Drain for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom