DnB Memory Overflow - Operator

michael.james6

This is not 100% finished, more of a rough cut at the moment. Its my first tune after having getting into recording & Logic. I've been playing Piano for 15 years and found Drum and Bass 4 years ago, which you can probably hear in this tune.

I'm looking for some tips on mixing / general thoughts. As I said, its not 100% as I've only spent 12 hours on it so far. I'm looking to put it down for 48 hours for 'fresh ears'. Your opinions are important.

Cheers

Operator (Mike James)

Nice effort there mate, can definately tell you've had piano training! Nice basses too. Everything seems a little too, in your face if you know what I mean. Try some subtle panning on some elements to let everything breath a bit more.

Hey Mr Fletch,

Thanks for the response. Getting the mix to sound less muddy is something I'm trying to learn at the moment. I've started with putting all my elements into separate busses to EQ them. Drums, percussion, pianos, high synths, mid synths etc...

I should be getting some monitors on Saturday rather than relying on headphones / my keyboards speakers. I shall inform when I've made the changes.

Thanks for the feedback, its all useful :)

Back
Top Bottom