Melodyne

Eternaloptimist

VIP Junglist
ez all
just been thinking about making my own sample pack.ive been using the vengeance hits to make my tracks and realised that the hits are all in different keys!mr fletch mentioned having your breaks in the same key/scale with your track.
so today i went to a friends studio that has melodyne and tried to pitch all my drums to scales that i usually use.long!
so i want to ask if any of you guys are using it and if you would recommend buying it?its pricey though ...
thanks

The tracks i love to make usually have a few samples from old records or songs so i tend to use melodyne to change the key and what not, i havent thought of using it for breaks before though.

If you are just going to get it for drums i would probably say its not worth buying, pitching drums can be easily done in so many different ways for way less of the price

yea its definately a very expensive way just to get ur drums in tune. If you're gonna use it for vocals/musical elements then i would defo reccomend it, but jus for drums seems a bit ott.

what would you recommend for pitching breaks in logic?melodyne is soo sick!just given me some ideas!i think im gon buy some old records and sample thf outta them!
the pitch shifting is unbelievable!
ordering melodyne next week!
thanks for the responses

Cant go past melodyne for vocals/instruments etc. A normal pitch shifter will be fine for drums though, dont really need any of melodynes features for that.

Melodyne is great, but you don't really need it though. Open a piano instrument and a spectrum analyzer. Play a note according to your song's root key at an octave close to your drum sound. (example: you want to tune your snare, so play an lower octave on the piano that will peak around 200 hz). When you find the right key/octave, note where the peak frequency is. Now, pitch up your drum until is resembles the peak frequency location of the previously mentioned piano note.

Cheers.

Melodyne is great, but you don't really need it though. Open a piano instrument and a spectrum analyzer. Play a note according to your song's root key at an octave close to your drum sound. (example: you want to tune your snare, so play an lower octave on the piano that will peak around 200 hz). When you find the right key/octave, note where the peak frequency is. Now, pitch up your drum until is resembles the peak frequency location of the previously mentioned piano note.

Cheers.

Mastermind mate! Thank you! :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom