Melodic DnB

wikid punchy percussion, needs more hats i think, i'm only hearing a couple on one side, love the melodic elements, although i think they are a bit over powering and u have sum muddy spikes need dealing with in the mid-range, very kool ideas tho, nice work

This has the potential to be a quality track I reakon. Very unique sound, love the sort of horror/sega mega drive element...and from those arpeggios I wouldn't be surprised if you came from a hardcore background...it's just in need of a much better mix!

This has the potential to be a quality track I reakon. Very unique sound, love the sort of horror/sega mega drive element...and from those arpeggios I wouldn't be surprised if you came from a hardcore background...it's just in need of a much better mix!

Thanks mate . More rock background really. just used to play guitar till i found cubase. Il work on the mix some more. How would you say is a good way to get clarity in the mix? Normally I set up a sidechain comp then reduce the bass kick frequency +harmonics above from the bass. Is there a better way?

Well, whilst the drums are nice and punchy, there's some serious compression dominating the rest of the elements, which is giving it a sort of over-pumping sound...it sounds as loads is packed in there, whereas it should be a little more spacious. Your other tune in your sig is mixed better, although the punch etc is missing - notice how every element is there, it's not clashing together, and you're not struggling for space. That's what you wanna aim for really.

I'd save a backup of your track, and try levelling it up from scratch and resetting your compressors. Cut frequency ranges out of channels that don't need them, and try to stabilize the bass a little - not sure whether it's the full mix or the sound itself, but it's lost a lot of clarity in the mix, somehow.

Back
Top Bottom