mellow sonic - outer limits

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by logikz, May 12, 2015.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

hello all!

just found t
    his, and i wanted to share it with you all, because it really is quite remarkable. or maybe not, id be intrested in what you think!
    its from 2015, its german (which i find specially piquant), it is psychedelic and full of techno-ey goodness, found it when listening to @Forever Heaven soundcloud. check it out and tell me what you think!

https://mellowsonic.bandcamp.com/album/outer-limits

ive listened to it so much bandcamp wants me to pay, so needless to say, i like it, but, i have some reservations about it, and that is mainly because i fear it is a sample pack creation.
    for those who dont know, you can buy these huge construction kits of loops from profssional artists and studios that you then just whoop together and hey presto! you done an awesome tune, you big time producer guy, you! but without teebee and calyx loops, the same producer isnt so big time at all, in fact, its fair to say, he cant do shit.
    so yeah, thats my only worry about this. it can get messy and repetitive but all in all its experimental and fresh with the trance dnb techno funk in the right place.

2. Large Marge

Large Marge garbage truck

sounds like someone that's heard Klute's Casual Bodies album and thought "hey, I can do that" despite never having made any music before in their life. just my 2 pence

logikz likes this.
  3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

really? im going to have to check that out then. casual bodies you say. interesting!