Melda AutoDynamic EQ

fragm3nt

Hi guys, would greatly appreciate some help on how to set the bands of a channel to sidechain according to an external channel like snare for example.I ve seen the relative video on youtube on cubase but still cant figure out how to set the sidechain to work on live 9.
Thanks!

idk how you'd do that with the Melda, but you could do that multiband compressor frequency splitting rack that every1 and their mother has then put a compressor on whatever band you want sidechained and set it from there; easy peasy.

Yeah what dugg said is probably more effective than an active EQ, but if you reallllllllllllllllllly want to know, then contact the devs, cuz theyre great guys.
Or, even better, read the manual.

thanks for the answers guys,
@mania this is the way that im currently doing it but ableton's multiband has phase issues sometimes when splitting while autodynamic eq sounds much better when ducking the bands,plus it has very useful analysers,modulators and tons of other functions im exploring at the moment,take a look for yourself :) http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MAutoDynamicEq
after reading the section on the manual, i still cannot figure it out because it does not appear as an option on ableton routing (when i want to send the channels/buss signals to the sidechain).
I emailed them today so it should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

btw live's multiband comp phasing on certain sounds can clearly be seen from a spectrogram.even on the lows sometimes

Cool bruh i hope it works out for you. Also FYI using steep cut EQ's to split stuff, instead of the multipressor, is a much more efficient way of doing it, and takes away any phase issues that the pressor would bring - just for future reference.

i know mate, but splitting for sidechain purposes is quite oldschool.And since the eq is dynamic and it ducks according to the trigger's amplitude and freq spectrum, it will automativally duck the sound exactly where it should be ducked, instead of setting bands your own. in fl, the simplest way to do it with just a peak controller but unfortunately not such device exists in live yet

- - - Updated - - -

The max for live plugins will give you the cleanest result

i know mate, i ve found a device that does exactly that, but i dont have max yet unfortunately:)

Back
Top Bottom