mefjus stabby noises

pete_c

EZ. firstly i dont wanna get berated for wanting to copy someone elses shit etc etc, im just curious as to how he gets those dirty tecky stabs, its not like its a new thing but he has kind of made it his own. cant work out whether they are samples or synthesized sounds. would love to incorporate something LIKE it into my own stuff, also am a big fan of his work. any thoughts?

example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-idk9i1jQG8

yeah i think lot of people want to know this one there is lots and lots of threads on this topic some people thing it is reese with envelope filter maybe layered with kicks and toms and stuff i dont know you have to try everything

yeah i have been messing round with filter envelope really short decay etc but cant get anything like his

I guess it's a kind of highpassed resample of long morphing Reece's notes. Placed on sequencer and chopped and re-arranged in a way to create that stabby effect.

I guess it's a kind of highpassed resample of long morphing Reece's notes. Placed on sequencer and chopped and re-arranged in a way to create that stabby effect.

yeah possibly, but it kind of has a real knock behind it almost like its layered with maybe some percussion samples?? might give that a try later...

Haha, was literally just about to start a thread on exactly the same thing, been wondering for ages how he gets those percussive bass sounds. I'm guessing there's some sort of short pitch envelope with a fast decay to get that percussive attack, but I have no idea how he gets that woody tone...

Billain's been using similar sounds too -

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sharing a very stupid secret, but has someone ever thought to use an arpeggiator on a sampler with a chopped reese loaded in it?
It creates an effect that you can barely understand how it's been created...
Don't tell around!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom