Mefjus - Blitz EP (NSGNLEP005)

E

Evizon

(Can't seem to find the original thread for this release so I'm giving it another go)

Mefjus is releasing a new EP on Neosignal in December, pre-orders have just gone up on Redeye (EDIT: Redeye have removed the pre-order). Personally not going to buy this just yet until I hear some audio previews. Anyways, here's the tracklist:

Mefjus - Blitz
Mefjus & Phace - Clock Off
Mefjus - Purify
Mefjus - Chaos Theory

I find it funny how 'Flashizm' w/ Emperor isn't on this release... "quick as a flash" would fit perfectly :p

Artwork:
300550-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mefjus pre-order just got removed from Redeye... not sure why this is happening

He is, but I'm pretty sure the artists on Critical do have some freedom to release on other labels, like how Emperor sometimes has a release on Inspected Recordings.

The releases on Inspected aren't drum & bass doe? Anyways, I wouldn't mind him returning to Neosignal permanently, might even start to like Critical once again :teeth:

The releases on Inspected aren't drum & bass doe? Anyways, I wouldn't mind him returning to Neosignal permanently, might even start to like Critical once again :teeth:

That's a fair point although I imagine were he signed to any other label, it'd be strictly exclusive, regardless of genre.

Hahahaha the Mefjus hate is strong! :teeth:

Now don't get me wrong, I very much respect Mefjus as a sound engineer, he's definitely one of the best producers out there as far as the technical aspects are concerned, not only in drum & bass. He's also inovative and original, there hasn't been anyone since his rise to have such an impact on the genre and before him, there was just a few producers able to achieve as much as he did, especially in such a short time.
There's also the second side of the story though - most of his tunes sounding too repetitive and similar to his very first breakthrough single which is by far his best work imo, working with others result in much better output than his solo work as already mentioned (be it his collabs with InsideInfo or arguably one of the best singles of the modern "neurofunk" - Hot Glue/Puppet Master with Neonlight) and above all, his take on drum & bass production somehow manages to completely strip away the soul and funk for me. Which gets even worse considering the fact there are so many producers out there trying to match his sound ever since he emerged.

Back
Top Bottom