Drum & Bass Mediks - Blown Away - Skuff Remix

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Skuff, May 2, 2013.

1. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Me again! Just working on this for the Mediks competition, would appreciate some feedback before I submit it.. Found it a bit tricky as there is just the accapella, which I find is def a week point for me (making a track to fit the vocals as opposed to writing and recording vox for a ready made tune) I used an old school technique to 'haunt' the vocals up a touch, then just went for it..

2. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Yeah, I'm feeling you! The vox on this is made to fit a track that isn't as "dark" as this one. But I think this is working actually.. the one thing I thought about was that the intro could have more darker elements in it. Now it felt like the vibe switched alot when the drums kicked in, kind of a mindfuck imo.

That bass is massive btw, this is sounding good!

3. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Thanks man, i made it, then after getting up to version 5, i thought, i dont wanna hear this no more, and left how it was haha.. Hear what your saying about some more darker elements, will see what i can do..

4. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Any more takers?

5. LVB

LVB Active Member

the thing is, mediks only gave you a vocal, this might actually work as your own work if you take the vocals out, cause it's awesome, up to you though, good work

6. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

It sounds like there's room for more to be added, but I love the liquid-ish drums, pop vocal and dark minimal style bass all working together. Cool track man.

7. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Thanks peeps. I did actually think with this one that when the comp is over I may take the vocals out and try and add something else. Cos with a few of the big names entering the comp us small fry won't stand a chance! :D

8. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member