Med School closes down

yeah, it's been a while. i miss the old stray with tunes like this remix and "pushed" and "when it rains" or "follow you around" (also on medschool).

or how sick is this ? (karl, is this the one you were thinking of ?) -->

yessssssssssssssssssss thats the one! first stray tune i ever heard by stray. very impressive, at the time i got the impression he had vocoded the pad with noise which was a revelation for me.

he did not do that, and i have no idea where i got that from. but its a wonderful idea.

its a kick ass tune, but not quite rockwell or bop. not yet. is this microfunk?

nah, i wouldn't say that, although it's very micro/minimal. i'll give a few examples of what i personally would define as microfunk:

I agree with your examples. Interestingly, it's still made almost exclusively by Russian producers. Hasn't seem to have caught on elsewhere.

Yeah I would. It actually started out sounding a lot different but the final version was pretty Microfunk inspired.

ah ok, that makes sense. first thing i thought when i listened to it was that it would perfectly fit in a microfunk podcast or set. reminds me (a bit) of tunes by nuage such as "very smooth draft" or "inspire me". or some newer ones by bop. but wasn't sure if you'd call it microfunk yourself.

hopefully there's more to come. :love:

and of course i love "passengers" with bop, too.

Last edited:
btw: would you describe your track "plume" as microfunkish ?

This was one of the main reasons I picked up Past Lives. Quality tune and very Microfunky!

first stray tune i ever heard by stray.

I felt a similar thing the first Dawn Day Night tune I ever heard by Fracture :teeth:

Last edited:
Looks like the final release is from Lakeway. I'm surprised they didn't continute it up to 100, with the last one being the "graduation" compilation they're talking about. Also looks like Lakeway won't be continuing to Hospital with them

This EP is also the final release on Hospital Records’ sister label Med School, following the label’s recent closure. Keep an eye out for the future ‘Misadventures of Lakeway’ on Diffrent Music in 2020. [/quote}

Also looks like Lakeway won't be continuing to Hospital with them

Judging from the artist page on the Hospital website, the only artists "graduating" to Hospital are Bop, Etherwood, Keeno and Whiney.

Means no Frederic Robinson and Royalston as well :(

Judging from the artist page on the Hospital website, the only artists "graduating" to Hospital are Bop, Etherwood, Keeno and Whiney.

Means no Frederic Robinson and Royalston as well :(
Maybe they’re not finished updating it. They still show the likes of Netsky and Lynx on there after all :teeth:

Looks like the final release is from Lakeway. I'm surprised they didn't continute it up to 100, with the last one being the "graduation" compilation they're talking about. Also looks like Lakeway won't be continuing to Hospital with them
Feel a little sorry for people like Lakeway. I know him from releases on Diffrent and he was probably insanely stoked to get a deal with Med School. Not that there's anything wrong with Diffrent, but Med School was pretty major as far as dnb labels go. Poor dude probably thought it was his break and now he's retreating back to Diffrent.

Back
Top Bottom