Med School closes down

Anyone know what the reason behind it is? It always seemed like such a strong label and with Hospital support and infrastructure you wouldn't think it would fail unless Hospital did. Signs of struggle within Hospital?

Real shame..... Also one of the labels which got me first into DnB in 2010. Weird to see Med School gone, especially while being a sublabel of hospital. Well a real pity that hospital doesnt want to give upcoming artists with a more interesting sound a platform anymore.

yeah man, the label that gave bop the first push.

i know bro, if i think about bop, i think about med school. and it tripped me out so hard that this new hospital offshoot was going to be revolutionary minimal blip blop ticky ticky drum and bass (micro funk?) and i was trying to make minimal at the time, and as you know it went... ok, i guess (i told you my loxy story about a hundred and fifty thousand times) but other than bop and the other guy (whats the 2nd artist to drop on med school? with a noisy pad and a sudden amen in the middle of all the minimalness?)
it tripped me out so bad, i never got any further. studying bop tunes is a universe unto itself. it stunted me. and the idea that label would keep pushing out simply amazing new kinds of drum and bass was mind blowing

but i tend to geek out, so i focus on a specific thing and the whole world passes me by. and when i come up for air, the world has forgotten about whatever it was that was so interesting

thats why drum and bass is a perfect genre, because we dont have a commercial aspect, you can only sell so many records, so we get to experiment ALOT and not really suffer any consequences.

Med school always had quality releases, when hospital went through a bit of a weird stage med school kept pumping out tunes for the heads, I mean hospital is smashing the granny out of everything atm so no problem there but med school was the stronger part of hospital for a while, will definitely be missed :lighter:

man its a sad day. hey did you watch the house that jack built by von trier? its rrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeallllllllyyyyyyyy fking good brody.

yep. we talked about it. sick movie by a sick human being.

but its the lovecraft feat nick cage thats going to take the cake this year brody

this and "the lighthouse", which seems to have a lovecraftian vibe, too.

but to stay with the topic, this is another outstanding beauty and personal classic by unquote, released on medic 19. love it to bits :

yep. we talked about it. sick movie by a sick human being.

this and "the lighthouse", which seems to have a lovecraftian vibe, too.

but to stay with the topic, this is another outstanding beauty and personal classic by unquote, released on medic 19. love it to bits :

STRAY! i was thinking about stray!!!

and can you come to waffle for once in your fking life, we need to discuss these movies. i think we have a HPL thread, non?

Back
Top Bottom