Mechanical Q

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
ive got a diesel ford mondeo 2ltr, with like 65k on clock.

the diesel knock is so loud now, i think its gunna blow up or something, its really pissin me off. i think its so loud, cos the oil that was put in by this dodgy garage was too thin, im thinkin if i change it to really thick oil, it might shut up a lil bit?

or might it be somethin else? anyone kno?

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Give it one last send off. Rob a bank or 2, kill a mortal enemy of yours and bury it next to the Lion in Forbury Gardens.

dnb in ya face

Loud and Dirrrty
VIP Junglist
ive got a diesel ford mondeo 2ltr, with like 65k on clock.

the diesel knock is so loud now, i think its gunna blow up or something, its really pissin me off. i think its so loud, cos the oil that was put in by this dodgy garage was too thin, im thinkin if i change it to really thick oil, it might shut up a lil bit?

or might it be somethin else? anyone kno?
The knocking is probably the catalytic converter mate. Is the knocking when you go over slight bumps or just all the time ? Also where is it coming from?? Does it sound like its directly beneath your seat?

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
How old is the car, when you say oil is too thin what wgt oil was put in it?

To be honest if you put the wrong oil in then the damage is already done.

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
How old is the car, when you say oil is too thin what wgt oil was put in it?

To be honest if you put the wrong oil in then the damage is already done.

2001. i dunno what grade oil was put in, but i know the garage were a bunch of cunts, and they prolly put same oil in that you wud put in a pertrol.

there prolly is damage done :(

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
2001. i dunno what grade oil was put in, but i know the garage were a bunch of cunts, and they prolly put same oil in that you wud put in a pertrol.

there prolly is damage done :(
In your manual it will state the correct grade of oil to use in your engine.. However are you just running on a presumtion that it was the garage?

How loud is the diesel knock? Does it just sound like a transit or is it very bad?