Meaning of double dropping

All this time I thought it ment having a really productive session on the toilet.

No not really.

Easy with a lot of jump up yes. But try it with liquid ensuring your keys are correct and that you have equalized the tracks spot on, and the fact that quite alot of tracks have no beats in the break whatsoever, another kettle of fish that one.

Easy if you put the effort in to pratice, becomes second nature. But I still wouldn't say it's easy though.

Last edited:
Mampi told it the best, but left out one really nice part of doubling up the b-lines in tunes, is the passing out part. the passing out part is when you have two b-lines going all out in the mix and the melodies are in stereo, and well....you pass out. no better way to elplain it, but it is a great way of sleeping while dancing.

i know nothing:twitch:

Key lock keeps the key the same no matter what you change the pitch by, as in avoiding the "chipmunk" effect but it dont work that well on vinyl turntables so ive read. Also if your tunes are both in compatible keys and are not too different in bpm then they should sound ok assuming you dont go past the +/-3% limit for both tunes, the problem is when bass doesnt blend, ive found some truly awesome mixes with one bassline turned off, i find it can sound much cleaner, but i much prefer (if it works) both basslines anyday.

So long as you match the phrases in your mix, wen it comes to the drop the playin tune will be comin to a drop too so if you can beatmatch you can double drop!! With the exception of any tunes with an extra bar or2 in there! Like the middle break in the friction remix of steppin stones!

So long as you match the phrases in your mix, wen it comes to the drop the playin tune will be comin to a drop too so if you can beatmatch you can double drop!! With the exception of any tunes with an extra bar or2 in there! Like the middle break in the friction remix of steppin stones!

You can even do it then, may be one of the very few times where actually required to count a bar. Gotta know your tunes for that though. It's the same case for Barons - Drive in, Drive by an extra bar on the break, jst means have to cue 4 beats later, easy enuff if ur now what your doing, I like the way that it drops with Logistics - Winter Blues .... pure bliss!!

There is many number of tunes which are like this, I just see it as if in doubt don't bother, but I usually don't have any doubts as to whats going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom