Me: Live

Afek_One

VIP Junglist
I haven't posted a mix in a while. Honestly, there's been too many good tunes for me to put together a TL without feeling like I left something out. We usually post studio type mixes so I figured I would post something live. This is me playing at a loft party last weekend. I was the only dnb dj between a bunch of really good house dj's. The crowd was all house heads. I was pretty nervous tbh. I started playing minimal/half step and wasn't mixing that well, so I figured, fuck it, I'm bringing the rollers. The dancefloor was moving, which is always a good feeling when you're playing to a crowd of house music lovers. The mixing isn't always great, but it's solid. There's some old and some new. The TL is really random. The first couple mixes are kind of shaky, then it gets good IMO. I did try some 3 deck stuff towards the end, but wasn't too stoked on it. The beer was flowing at that point. The first thing I thought when I was done was... why didn't I play more jungle juke? Next time.

http://dnbshare.com/download/me_live__1.mp3.html

Calyx and Teebee - Pensile Dreamer Part 1
DRS and Lynx - Blackhearted
Es:Tero - Ether
Kid Drama - In Mind
Synkro and Manos - In My Arms
Cursa - Camino (Mindmapper and Fre4knc Remix)
Calibre - Simple Things
Moresounds - Riddim Again
Addison Groove and Sam Binga - Thr3id
Seba - Can't Describe
Jubei - Tip The Scales
Noisia - Little Fling
Stray - Everytime
Klute - 174 BPM
Digial and Spirit - Original Rockers
Instra:mental - No Future
Ruffhouse - The Foot
Paradox - I Led You
Eastcolors - Rock Fella
Gremlinz and Homemade Weapons - Ruff Age VIP
Dom and Roland - Goliath
Amit - Killer Driller
Synkro and Manos - Lost Here

Wow. I missed a lot of tunes on that track list. The Clock Ticks is in there. The new Alaska and the new Ruff house tune.

Last edited:
Had a listen through this early this week.

I liked the flow of this mix. Not sure why you said that the mixing isn't great..... it goes well. the only part I noticed a little off was In Mind - In My Arms which was 16 bars out, but mixed in time. Enjoyed the first section more + need to start mixing Riddim Again more. Also, I really liked the way you used Thr3id. I find that there isn't much of a tune to hold the mix in when mixing out of it

Had a listen through this early this week.

I liked the flow of this mix. Not sure why you said that the mixing isn't great..... it goes well. the only part I noticed a little off was In Mind - In My Arms which was 16 bars out, but mixed in time. Enjoyed the first section more + need to start mixing Riddim Again more. Also, I really liked the way you used Thr3id. I find that there isn't much of a tune to hold the mix in when mixing out of it

If you start In Mind from the second drop, there's an extra 8 bars in the pad section. I haven't figured out how to get it right, but I love the break down so much I've been playing and fading out.

It did kind of go south at the end. I was fairly tipsy by that point.

Speaking of Thr3id, I've kind of decided to mix footwork differently. The mixes sound way better when you stick to 32 bar transitions. The tunes are really syncopated so even if your beatmatched, it can sound like a mess.

Back
Top Bottom