MCs

androk

any other emcees out there? ive been freestylin for a few years, and have adapted my style to DnB as Ive gotten into it over the past year. im thinkin bout makin my debut soon, anyone got anything to say about that?

you probably know all this and i dont want to sound patronising:

keep it clear...people (with music taste) hate muffled gibberish

get the mic levels sorted early if you can...otherwise you'll fuck your voice/sound crap...result: embarrassment

ignore the twats who hassle you for the mic....if they were any good they probably wouldnt be asking in the first place.

let the mixes roll -accompany rather than dominate the music

sidekickmc said:
you probably know all this and i dont want to sound patronising:

keep it clear...people (with music taste) hate muffled gibberish

get the mic levels sorted early if you can...otherwise you'll fuck your voice/sound crap...result: embarrassment

ignore the twats who hassle you for the mic....if they were any good they probably wouldnt be asking in the first place.

let the mixes roll -accompany rather than dominate the music
Big up the Sidekick!

forgot 1 important thing....

if you fuck up a chat/rhyme, dont worry about it. carry on and put it behind you, otherwise your set will go rapidly downhill cos all your doing is thinking about the fuck up...which makes you fuck up more/sound dull...its a vicious cycle!!

I hate the the mc's that don't even say anything, its not even words....ibage dibagy shibaby....blah blah blah. i recpect the mc's that spit clearly and know when its there time to spit and when its time to shut up so u can listen to the mix.........Anyway good luck bro...longside!:cool:

Practise...Record Practise...Listen back.

Try and get out an 'do 'it' as soon as you can.

Get a good demo together and spread it around, much more likely to get you sets than pestering promoters and other MCs on the nite...

If I were you I wouldnt hang about. You need to 'get in there' now. There are that many people MC'in now days.
Different people look for different things in MC's so try and cater for everyone and remember not to chat all the way through a mix. Talk to the crowd as well as ryme to them. And get the crowd involved, "I say DJ, you say......... etc etc".

Back
Top Bottom