Mc's yes or no

as been said before by others: live, yes (gives me a great feeling when suddenly the mc starts singing over Rubbish or so)

studio track: like it but think it's better off. (there are some exceptions like back 2 your roots and stuff).

I mced my gig on Friday:

Flipi flipi wubba dubba

Coz I'm a junglist

We're going to pull the plug now

Because the fucking fuses have blown

One two three no more dnb

For a minute or three!

The majority of MCs have no style or talent, but there are some MCs who really make a rave, i think lyrical talent is more important than how many words/half-words/noises can be fit into 8bars of tune! In general MCs need to say more, and chat less if ya get me? MCs do have a place in dnb, but the music should come first

NO!! especially australian MC's....

The only decent live MC's i like is Stamina MC and MC Verse did alright too...

in the studio i love it, Choke - noisia, Exodus - noisia, Subculture - upbeats....i say bring on more

Okay, shameless plug time but it is for a very valid point!!

Anyone here been to so many raves that you strive for perfection and only when the DJs and MCs are on top form do you really enjoy yourself?

I want to challenge some of you who think MCs are shite, or that MCs only belong if they are good...

MC FLYTE + MC FLEXIMUS are coming down to Gosport on the 11th of May and need to be seen. For me this is not just MCs over DnB, its a performance! They both have HUGE energy and crowd hype but at the same time they say their lyrics together finishing each others lines etc... Its really clever, quite different and well worth seeing. These two are firmly set to be the next BIG thing and you will know why when you see them!

See the adverts forum for details... say no more (Shameless plug over)

that sumed up my whole emotion at breakin science i got soooo pissed off with some of my fav djs for playing cheese i left the dance floor when i herd andy c drop rockstar

however the emcees did provide all the enjoyment i needed it was 6 emecees on stage at one point all goign b2b quite amazing

my answer is a definate yes, but only a very few MC's to date, who has MC'ed over dnb, has shown me this. what happened to hip-hop flows? rolling 'rhymes'? word play? meaning behind what is said?

in the early days of hip-hop, world views were delivered to crowds (wether live or MTV) through nothing more that a beat and words. now, every 'mc' i hear, i can't 'hear' anything they say wether it be a recorded set or live in the club.

to answer this question, good mc's should mc, and the shit ones should find other means of income:moe:

Okay, shameless plug time but it is for a very valid point!!

Anyone here been to so many raves that you strive for perfection and only when the DJs and MCs are on top form do you really enjoy yourself?

I want to challenge some of you who think MCs are shite, or that MCs only belong if they are good...

MC FLYTE + MC FLEXIMUS are coming down to Gosport on the 11th of May and need to be seen. For me this is not just MCs over DnB, its a performance! They both have HUGE energy and crowd hype but at the same time they say their lyrics together finishing each others lines etc... Its really clever, quite different and well worth seeing. These two are firmly set to be the next BIG thing and you will know why when you see them!

See the adverts forum for details... say no more (Shameless plug over)

We booked MC Flyte for a good few Vurt gigs we did at the Pyramids, he is a great crowd hyper and a good mc to watch strut back and forth across the stage. Nice bloke bloke too. Although at the time he did suffer from that mc drone, you know when it just sounds like "bab a dab a bab a dab"
But I bet he's come on loads in the 5 or so years since then.

yo, i gots a small question.. what exactly do YOUR emcees do? are they just hypemen shouting out "YEAH" or stuff like that? do they freestyle much like an emcee would do in hiphop? what exactly is their job? thanks

Definately yes to MC's, but you've got 2 have a balance, its best when MC's tear it up on da mic but take a breather for the crowd 2 appreciate certain mixes and parts of a set:hotpants::missile:

Yes, because, at a rave i think it would be wank without mc's, the mc really hypes the crowd n gets u stomping. det for instance, is sick, andy c from tranzmission 07, when terrorist renegade comes in det starts chattin all through that track n sounds fuckin sick, but in tc's set from raveology 07 the mc fuckin ruins it and i havnt listened to is since. all in all good mc's make sets better but when there shit they really are fuckin awful

noisia%20logo%20500px.jpg

in tc's set from raveology 07 the mc fuckin ruins it and i havnt listened to is since.

i agree....TC's set is ruined by the shite mc'ing

does anyone know the choon in the tech itch raveology mix at 42 or so mins? fucking great song but i dont know the name

Last edited:
A definite NO!
:nono:

If the MCing is done well, e.g. Stamina, Conrad and other soulful MCs then its ok to listen to...

MCs like Foxy and Skibadee are a pile of wank and should be destroyed :-x

I don't mind MC's at events to hype up the crowds but don't like them adding their chat to tracks. And they should definitely not be on mix CDs!:nono:

Back
Top Bottom