Heavy weighta

Heavy weighta

Give me a platea

Of drum&bassa

We don't need a shank

We don't need a nine

We're doing... fine?

those are some slick lyrics son :shabba:

There are plenty of crap MCs and DJs who shouldn't be doing what they're doing.

I agree but there are some true "party people". I think at the end of the day its about contributing to the night as a whole (The party). Hype, compliment the music and crowd - but dont take over!

Yes! Agreed, warmup the night with pure music, let the MCs build the energy and hold the crowd (Kind of like the icing on the cake, the musics still sweet but it can be complimented)

No! If they think the hour slot they have been given is an oportunity to show everyone how good they are at running a lyrical marathon! (Shitting on that same cake, suddenly you lot dont look so hungry)

I dont think its about gabbering double time for 60mins - chill mate!! i agree you have to let the tune play when needed, and the mix when needed! and only if the crowd call it is it stopped! Unecessary stoppage is just going to slow the nights energy.

For me its about lyrical delivery not only content. Anyone can say a rhyme in one tone, im propa feelin SP:MC for takin his time and making sure you hear it word for word. Cos if you cant hear it there's no point in them being there!

Anyone whos ever picked up a mic and had a go at MCing will know what i mean. It's definately not easy, but it definately is easy for people to think that when your fairly good, your great! L plate MCs get told by sooo many people (who just dont know) that they are good. Dont believe it! lol!

It used to annoy me when i went to a rave and the MC was just ruinng the set! I try not to be so critical, for me its all about crowd control and energy, keep and grow the energy in the room and hold the crowd. Flop and get strung up 1992 styleey!

:gun: :crazy:

BIG UP:
Rodney P (lyrics are 10/10 and he does Hip-Hop/DnB/Garage/Bangra/Lock stock the fukin lot!)
Skibbadee (Just facinating, clear as day and endless vocabulary, especially going back about 3/4 years, and for breaking into the mainstream charts and dabbering at not only DnB but many other genres)
SP:MC (For takin it ez)
Dynamite (For controlling the crowd)
Fearless (Crowd hype)

Dnb is incredibly obsessed with production values and getting absolutely the best sound.

The irony is that producers spend days, weeks and months in their studio tweaking tunes to make them absolutely perfect and then those tunes are played over red-lining soundsystems to drunk and stoned punters with somebody chatting over the music, their mics feedbacking and adding distortion and noise.

A proper sound system and a dj who shuts the f*** up when the tune is getting heavy are the exception.

That said, watch out for Squbass, he's on a CLS + Wax track coming out soon.

I remember seeing him 3 years ago when he was starting out, playing to a small crowd at a minor gig for toy money. We got smashed on vodka and I told him he reminded me of Stevie Hyper D. Raw energy, flow and a great vibe.

Now he's recording videos with pop stars, singing in the biggest clubs here and generally becoming Dynamite MC (PL).

:mad: mc's kill DnB sets. why do ya need someone gobbin off constantly through quality choons. DnB is at a point in it's life where the choonz being created are fookin kickin and blaytantly make more of a valid statement than what any mc could ever project. so i guess in my view DnB should srap the Mc .:mr_cool:

I like them alot more when I'm there because obviously, they do get the crowd hyped..

I've noticed that everyone who's round my house when I'm playing a DNB set from One Nation or something, they say they cant stand the MC.

Eksman, Verse, SP:MC, Dynamite and 2Shy are heavy as f00k - pretty much because they know when to be quiet and I like their flows.

Actually on the Andy C @ Breakneck on the pier for 1Xtra, 2Shy did a bit of each other top MC's rhyme which I really liked - I'll make a clip of it a bit and post it up for anyone thats interested.

Overall I'll go for a yes :)

Last edited:
No No No!
All they do is chat over tunes with the mic too close to their mouths and they wanna re-load everything especially sick double drops, LET THE MIX PLAY!!

Yes, aslong as their only live, not in the studio, poeple like skibba, eksman, det and Jakes are amazing.

plus one of my mates is an up and coming Mc and hes fukin amazin, hes just Mc'd for Ed rush and optical, lucky twat

Okay, shameless plug time but it is for a very valid point!!

Anyone here been to so many raves that you strive for perfection and only when the DJs and MCs are on top form do you really enjoy yourself?

I want to challenge some of you who think MCs are shite, or that MCs only belong if they are good...

MC FLYTE + MC FLEXIMUS are coming down to Gosport on the 11th of May and need to be seen. For me this is not just MCs over DnB, its a performance! They both have HUGE energy and crowd hype but at the same time they say their lyrics together finishing each others lines etc... Its really clever, quite different and well worth seeing. These two are firmly set to be the next BIG thing and you will know why when you see them!

See the adverts forum for details... say no more (Shameless plug over)

mcs yessss!

mcs that are loud n powerful and have meanin in wat they say defo yes, wen they have the crowd in the parm of there hands all cheerin to wat they say....

...mcs that chat shit and repeat them selves defoo noo!..and wen they ent even sayin words a hole load of fast chatin jiberish sounds shit!!!!!!

ma bf is an uncomin MC n is on it this year..his now on..music herts/disk connected/silk city/ravelogy;) (y)

check out mc red banditt...fookin rocks every set hes on trust!
ive only ever heard him on dangerous d sets. check the raveology awards tc & dangerous d set. its got bassman spyda trigga n red banditt on. love the darkside!

Personally i hate it when theres MCs constantly crowding the music, wether its at a rave or on the radio or recording.

MC's can either make or break a set IMO.
I hardly ever bother with raves when its Eksman, Skibba, Shabba, Foxy, Fatman etc etc anymore because it just turns into an MC fest & the music becomes secondary. Unfortunately that seems to have become standard these days at all major events.

MC s who seem to understand the consept of hosting & complimenting the music, without goin on with themselves, are the ones who do it for me. eg:
GQ
Lowqui
Messy
Fun
Foxy

well stevie hyper d always let a dj do his thing thts one of the reasons he won best mc
fearless is a gr8 mc he compliments any set
mc foxy is a gd mc coz he knows wen 2 shut up unlike most mcs hu wont

i heard a set where dj hype was scratchin and mc bassman was mcin over it u jus dont do tht i wud say its rude 2 mc while a dj is scratching

if there is a dj like dj craze u only reli need 1 mc if any i wud say mc foxy or fearless coz they av gd stage presence nd they will let craze do his job

Back
Top Bottom