mc's with 'empty content'

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
right.. first things first this aint no mc hate thread, mc's smash it at a dance!

but what does annoy me is how loads of them (including some of the big names) just talk about how good they are, and how shit others are... but there is no justification to it as all their rhymes are about just that?! :confused:

i think some dnb mc's need to take a leaf out of the hip hop book and tell a story, even if it's a fictional one! some of my favorite chats include

'whoopy whoop killer' - ragga twins
that chat eks does about my 'black girl beverly' this 'chinese girl lela'

content that goes somewhere, ya know!

MC's can only ever rap about how good they are, how big they are on road or rap about...well, rapping basically.

if det or shabba started rapping about the effects of global warming in that shouty manner of theirs i'd stick a javelin through my ears

debts rhyms do have some flow and content.. it may not be political or whatever, but i like to here a story laid out in prose, even if it is fictional! mc'ing should be poetry in motion, not fucking commentating at the channel 4 races!

MC's can only ever rap about how good they are, how big they are on road or rap about...well, rapping basically.

if det or shabba started rapping about the effects of global warming in that shouty manner of theirs i'd stick a javelin through my ears

damn you havnt heard many mcs have you

agreed.

i also think some mc's think they are getting paid by the word and babble more shit than a speed freak.

quality not quantity.

agreed.

i also think some mc's think they are getting paid by the word and babble more shit than a speed freak.

quality not quantity.

yeah... thats what i was trying to get accross with my 'chanel 4 races' comment! i do like a half step type style interjected with bursts of speed!

i also like mc's who know when the fuck to shut up! :rinsed:

evil b for best MC, alot of his bars r reli clever like the name dropper and his alphabet bar and the one about his mates that died. also got flow and knows about he beats etc

evil b for best MC, alot of his bars r reli clever like the name dropper and his alphabet bar and the one about his mates that died. also got flow and knows about he beats etc

definatly rate Evil B... although he doesn't do it for at raves as much as he does listening to him in the car, at work or whatever? :confused:

yh i know what ur saying, seen him go on sick at 1 or 2 raves in bristol, definately better in a studio mix where he can spray off his bars n his own. cuz he knows its just audio he dont try go on like a badboy. seen him at iino in the sun and hes just stood on stage actin like a rude boy posing, puttin his glasses on and off n on n off, why the fuck u need sunglasses in a rave anyway? hed get the mic and spit his fastest bar for a bit then chat shit. but i have to admit some of his studio mixes with logan d and dj kane blew me away

right.. first things first this aint no mc hate thread, mc's smash it at a dance!

but what does annoy me is how loads of them (including some of the big names) just talk about how good they are, and how shit others are... but there is no justification to it as all their rhymes are about just that?! :confused:

i think some dnb mc's need to take a leaf out of the hip hop book and tell a story, even if it's a fictional one! some of my favorite chats include

'whoopy whoop killer' - ragga twins
that chat eks does about my 'black girl beverly' this 'chinese girl lela'

content that goes somewhere, ya know!

agreed

some of them need to take a leaf out of the 'take a look in the mirror and have a word with yourself' book as well

But why should an MC's content be cared about anyway?

No one goes to drum & bass nights to be enlightened by MC so and so's lyrical content. 500 people cunted off their faces arent gonna give a fuck what the person next to them has to say let alone an MC at a rave. I'd understand if this was about the content of vocal tunes (like what Lynx does with Kemo) but there isnt a lot of that music about. If its based purely on MC's at nights the content is surely the last thing thought about? As long as an MC doesnt jabber on incoherantly then what he says i'm not that bothered about

This is why Fun is the biggest MC disappointment for me.....back in 07 he was the main man imo..

Remember that chat "well i was sitting wi ma brejwin bunnin weed on the endsssssssss....contemplating how much money we spend......."------THAT WAS SOMETHING I COULD RELATE TO, THE LITTLE SHIT I WAS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER!! Who the hell can relate to barsbarsbarsitsallboutbarsandmarsbarsbarmalamamamalala BLAH BLAH FUCKIN BLAHH!!!

SP has lyrics, Juiceman & $pyda have lyrics and all 3 have wicked flow.
Det sounds like brown noise.........................SHIT!!!!

For me the most intelligent MC is Skibba. The money that man has made!! First he joined up with Det '2 times freestyle' - then realised Det was never gonna write anymore lyrics so left that. Then Shabbadini....SAS was rife with the old MC Conventions and really popular. Then they were giving out membership to Highly Blessed to basically any1 so Skibba wasn't having none of that! Hunted around for a couple more years.....realised Fun was smashin in back in 07......then what do ya know UNCZ was born!! So when this inevitably becomes even MORE unbearable than it already is.........I wonder who Skibba will team up with next!!

I like it when MC's tell stories and stuff over sets makes you actually pay attention to what they are saying. Gets annoying to constantly hear BLAP BLAP BLAP all the time.

MC Eksman studio mix has got some pretty good MCing on it but in my opinon hip hop MC's piss all over drum&bass MC's any day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdrU1Y27nTw

Last verse is soo good.

Last edited:
massive problem and it's getting worse imo

because there's no one setting the bar very high it means amateur MCs get away with murder of the English language, i hate all that 400 miles an hour bollocks and speaking like u grew up in the west indies, fuck all that shit

i reckon evil eks fun and shotta got the best lyrics. but at the end of the day a lot of people who go raving dont give a fuck about what theyare saying. my mate for example loves det but has no idea about anything he says. cos its about the delivery and style as well as the content

Back
Top Bottom