Total Science 9:00PM - 10:15PM
Goldie 10:15PM - 11:30PM
Dieselboy 11:30PM - 12:45PM
Andy C 12:45PM - 2:00AM

MC GQ
MC ARMANNI
MC J MESSINIAN
MC DINO

That was so amazing I couldn't believe it was only an hour away from where i live. Bud mid way into Total Science, there were always 2 mc's on stage, and they were constantly chattering. By the time Dieselboy was on, there were 3 mc's on stage! All of them taking turns free styling :mad: . I paid to hear dnb, which my favorite part of is hearing the dj mix into another track. I couldn't hear anything. I heard sub-bass pounding & mc's talking for a 4 1/2 hours. :finger2:
Point is, if you want to be a good mc, learn when to shut the hell up.

the only thing wrong is mcin solid through out sets /mcez dont need to shut up wat so ever it is a small majority that need to /mcin on a set needs variations pace rythem different ways to hype the crowd mcez are just importent as djs theses days at big venues and at dnb partys.if there is shit mces chattin at raves then so wat just party innit thats wat you go for some people mite think there shit some mite not same goes for a dj he mite be good he mite not .GOOD mcez and average mces make a big differnce to the rave scene .BIG UP MCEZ BUT DONT FORGET THE DJS CUZ THERE JUST AS IMPORTENT :thumbsup:

bad ace inc. said:
if there wasnt a dj,there wouldnt be muzic so i think the dj is a tadge more important IMO of course
i meen alround rave in it obviously they got the music but party aint the same with out mcez and i stand by my point that there just as importent in the rave scene

12 inch grinch said:
i meen alround rave in it obviously they got the music but party aint the same with out mcez and i stand by my point that there just as importent in the rave scene

i agree, you can't have a huge show without mcs, and i've also seen several good mcs, BUT they don't turn the dj into background.

Bassrush???

Was the promoter Raymond P. Francis? Hes the original promoter of parties branded "bassrush" in the US. I thought he had retired from doing such things?

Anyway I agree 100% about mcs needing to step down and shut up. Thats one of the reasons why I enjoy listening to hard techno more these days.

1992 said:
Bassrush???

Was the promoter Raymond P. Francis?

I looked for info about the promoter, but i didn't see his name on the website: www.bassrush.com

btw: Big ups to the promoters, event crew, hosts, etc. Andy C was an hour late, but they let him play 30 minutes past the end of the show. :2thumbs:

GQ's a legend man......he knows exactly when to talk and when not to.....even if he doesn't, he can still move the crowd......dunno about the US MC (no pun intended)s though, if they're as bad and similar to some of the hip hop floating our way recently, I'm not surprised by your comment.

TooEZ said:
GQ's a legend man......QUOTE]

GQ did a kick ass job considering the situation. 'Cause Andy C only had time for a 30 minute set, he just kept the crowd going. Not to mention Andy C was going out of control. (I thought i should have said this earlier, but i was caught in the momentum of being mad.)

but I've never seen Goldie or Dieselboy, and I'm pissed cause I feel like I still haven't seen them, jus cause some mc's decided to rap the entire time.

Big up MC G(Boombaclot maaa-an)Q.......

I know what you're saying man.....tell me, apparently the MCs your side just try to impersonate shit English ones.....is that the case?

it's so important to have the mic levels right cos that can ruin the whole set (or whole night). i like MCs. there needs to be a voice over the music, but they gotta know when to MC & when not to (some MCs should just never MC).
GQ's aiiit i spose, but his lyrics aren't that good. He's good to hype the crowd tho.

This is so true, there is quality mcs who keep them selves at the right level, then there are what i call "EgoMCs" the ones that would like nothing more than to shout crap at the top of their lungs all night and spoil the music. I most get upset with mcs when im sober and chilling out to a tape pack or a recorded live set but i have noticed i have teh ability to ignore the mc and concentrate on the track thats playing. When your at an event and your getting down, its nice to have a friendly voice to let you know where you are and what everyone else is doing around you. On the same sort of point, i also have mcs to thank for the IDing of many oldscool tapes ive aquired over the years. The likes of Conrad and Joker probably

all about u're 2shy,sp;mc etc not about all the yibba yabba shit knowadayz that scene is flat on its arse now,gq is still the daddy but lack of lyrics means hes slipping now,4 me all about 2shy,rage and sp;mc.peace

subz said:
all about u're 2shy,sp;mc etc not about all the yibba yabba shit knowadayz that scene is flat on its arse now,gq is still the daddy but lack of lyrics means hes slipping now,4 me all about 2shy,rage and sp;mc.peace
i take it your not into aggressive styles then subz
the mces u mentioned are good
but me personally im more into fast and hectic flows
ie , kasha, flyte.mojo,j swif,k-eye ,so many to mention im into almost every mc around aspecially the top mces on stage nu breed ,highly blessed etc
mces take far too much critiscism just cuz some one dont like there flow. if peeps dont like the flow it dont meen its shit..safe

yer too true, nuff peeps diss the fast more hectic MC'ING but really its all good, wen u at a rave an the likes of Fatman D herbz eks com on its like an instant injection of energy if u got sum monotone mc jus chattin words here an ther it lacks the impact of a true lyracist...kapishe. :321:

Back
Top Bottom