MC's need to shut the hell up!

Gleem said:
Quote: its all about half tempo lyrics imo, none of this "bda-bda-bda-bda-bda-bda-bda-bda baby basher" or whatever it is thats said.

If you don't like constant chatter about rubbish, and prefer MCs who actually make syllable sense, click this mate:

http://www.nicevibes.net/Gleem/Audio/Gleem_FFS.mp3

Let me know if MC's need to word opions or shut up after listening that! LOL

Peace,

Gleem :lol:
Great stuff (y)

Blessed all pompey heads! Glad you felt it, bit weary as this is a raggaish chune, on a DnB forum! But yeah they all have the same origins, but some peeps get totally defensive about something different! LOL

Peace,

Hopefully some performances are coming up in Wedgewood Rooms, South Parade Pier and maybe the Pyramids!

Soon, and thanks for listening!

Gleem

aaah another anti mc thread... hmmm
Have to say, I love a great mc.
Yes they are few and far between, but when they are good they are the perfect combination to a good d&b set.
When they are bad... well, we have all felt the angst of wanting to step up and drop the sucker freestyling badly over the drop and screaming about nothing "look at me, look at me" rubbish.
I have been known in the past to step up and steal the mic... been seen running through the crowd with the mic to the sounddesk to hide it! hahah.
What actually shits me, is d&b mc's who couldnt make it in the hip hop arena, stepping up and flexing their bad freestyle skills and poor timing over drum n bass, not only do most of them rip other peoples rhymes, but they think they can get away with it because it's d&b.
Not to mention those with no sense of timing or understanding of the music... MC's need to be right up on it, tellin the people what's incoming, forthcoming, etc they need to interact with the crowd and turn the place upside down "with the dj".
Dj's have to pay thier dues before stepping up to deliver, yet I see so many new mc's step up, knowing nothing about d&b and showing no respect for the music, the dj and the people on the dancefloor. Promoters need to sought it out as open mic session's at drum n bass parties are like ego fest's.
respect to all the fine mc's out there...

PS: just saw SP at a bad gig, and he was so professional and worked the sparce room really well to give the 20 people dance floor a good time, "like soldiers, we soldier on..." shaking hands with the headz up the front giving it up as hard as they could. a hard gig, and the professionalism shone thorugh.

Yeah I do agree that some MC's need to be shot :antitank:, but just like most of you said, when they're good, they're good; and when they're bad, they're bad.

Back
Top Bottom