MCs: Mic Question

Nope. I've found wireless mic's to be annoying and just not as good. I use Shure but I always forget the model, I'll found out what it is!

Stick with wired, theres very little pros of using a wireless mic to be honest. SM58 for the win, solid, decently priced, work well, bargain.

Do mc's bring there own microphones to raves, like dj do the headphones and cartridges?

Just a random question I always wondered.

Stick with wired, theres very little pros of using a wireless mic to be honest. SM58 for the win, solid, decently priced, work well, bargain.

Yea, I prefer the 57 but the 58 is just as good, only reason I ask about the wireless is I have a show tonight where the place is a unique setup and the promoters are askin' me what wireless to get...thanks

Yea, I prefer the 57 but the 58 is just as good, only reason I ask about the wireless is I have a show tonight where the place is a unique setup and the promoters are askin' me what wireless to get...thanks

I dont like the 57 for vocals, wicked mic for amps/snare drums etc but never been keen on using it for vocals.

Just go for a trusted brand (shure, akg etc) and all should be fine.

As for mc's taking their own mics with them, never a bad idea, most places should be able to offer decent mics but its not worth counting on! Its always worth getting in touch with the venue/engineers to A:Check what they're actualy running, and B:Let them know if your bringing anything unusual (or anything at all to be safe). One thing I really hate is being sent a tech spec, setting up for it, only for someone to turn up and say "oh actualy I've got my Oboe with me, can you sort a mic for that?!"

Do mc's bring there own microphones to raves, like dj do the headphones and cartridges?

Just a random question I always wondered.

Depends on the promoter, the night, and the MC. Alot of MC's don't want to take their favourite mic to a rave with them, for obvious reasons. For some smaller, more intimate nights though, it's more possible.

Back
Top Bottom