Mc'ing over scratching

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
dont u just hate it..i think that the dj scratching is the same as say an mc spitting a few bars u wait till hes finished when u start ur line...i heard a set on dnbarean with mc moose mcin over dj hype scratching its well annoying because u wanna listen to the scratching not a guy with a blocked up nose chatting nonsence....
your views?......:rasta:

definitely a don't-do, especially over hype, one of the best (scratchers) ever imo........As you mentioned, when a dj is scratching its HIM talking in way. If an MC jabbers over it, my god...such ignorence/arrogance, i bet hype had a few things to say to him after the set.

theres nothing better than a dj that not only knows HOW to scratch but more importantly WHEN to scratch, the absolutle icing on the cake of a sick set!

theres nothing better than a dj that not only knows HOW to scratch but more importantly WHEN to scratch, the absolutle icing on the cake of a sick set!

i agree some tunes shouldnt b scratched over..eg tunes like another planet what have alot of riffs and presence....tunes like is this real by leon switch sound pretty gd scratched over because its a bassline roller:afro:

i reckon its not only 3 djs scratch i think only 3 djs like to scratch in there sets. of course hype is the best at it but i reckon every pro d&b dj can scratch like hazard or original sin and people but just dont want too.

i reckon its not only 3 djs scratch i think only 3 djs like to scratch in there sets. of course hype is the best at it but i reckon every pro d&b dj can scratch like hazard or original sin and people but just dont want too.

DJ Marky is MUCH better than anyone in the dnb scene at scratching by a long long way

i think nicky blackmarket could scratch on some of his rewinds he uses the fader n shit n it sounds like a scratch but i cnt remember what the scratch is called..sorry if that didnt make any sence to anyone

nah nah Craze is by far the best scratcher in the dnb scene. scratching is like mcing,
done tastefully it can make a set better, but if its done shitty then its sounds like an earful of chatta.
yeah defo craze his skills are amazing..i havent heard any recent sets of his though there quite hard to come by..and isit me or does he play warhead by krust all the time lol

Hype all the way for the best scratcher.

If MCs mc over scratching, it's like they're saying no, you can't have your moment to completely make this set even better, it's all about me, fuck off...

There is no point of a dj scratching if an mc is going to make sure no-one hears it.

lol..i think that his fav tune because he always plays it, oh wait he always plays the same songs period...total props to him on his scratchin but ive scene him 5 times in the past 6months and he played the same set every time.o_O

yh i saw an interview with him in saying that that tune got him into drum and basstard:rave:

Hype is an entertaining dj but Marky is something else. His pure energy is felt by the ravers and his scratching is very good as well. Hype is a very good dj but his scratching is very one dimensional. Marky and Craze (and all turntablists for that matter) can proper mash it up.

Back
Top Bottom