MC Hating......?

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
I see it all the time in forums these days... why are you lot hating on MCs??

Especially the DJs among us.... you lot should be a bit more profesional. MCs and DJs work together.... this is Drum&Bass not Hip-Hop where its ok to go around hating each other.

End of the day.... MCs are here to stay and whether you like it or not they will always be apart of our scene.

If you go around hating on every MC then its eventually going to come right back around and sting right back..... What if a MC that your playing with on the weekend reads this bulls**t about you hating MCs etc... and decides to f**k your set up a rip the piss out of you all night??? you havent got any control over that!
What will you do??... you cant stop playing.... cause you wont get paid.... cant turn his mic off..... cause the engineer and promoter will tell you to turn it back on.... so what will you do??

I think this new wave of DnB DJs need to start being a bit more professional about what you say and do...
as like ive said before...

WE ALL WORK TOGETHER NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER!

yeh emaphasis on TOGETHER. its not about putting down all mc's but the ones who just chat shit so fast who knows what theyre saying and demand rewinds 5 secs into a tune...actually demand rewinds at all

I FUCKING LOOOOOVE EMCEES MAN!!

SPREAD THE LOVE!

carebear.jpg

I know what ya saying man.

I do like MCs, for instance i highly rate Shotta, Evil B, Rhymes, Decoy, Eksman and more.

I just dont like the way most of them talk shit. For instance all the MC cliches, like "lyrical dappa" "m-n-m-n-m-n-mic" "badboy MC" "d-d-d-dappa".....i could go on lol! Why do half of them say the same things in a different order?

I suppose its just coz all the nights i get to are pretty small, so there isn't as much talent about.

I think i just like to hear well crafted, deep lyrics that can make ya laugh, smile or something! Shotta is the best example of this really.

More lyrics, less babble.

And... talking over a wicked mix...MCs (even radio hosts) should be hung, drawn and quartered for that.

From the other point of view though, when an MC and DJ start working together well its one of the best experiences in DnB

i think it's because most mc's are crap and spoil sets with endless nonsensical bollox.

there, i've said it.

i think it's because most mc's are crap and spoil sets with endless nonsensical bollox.

there, i've said it.

yeh your right... but whos fault is it when they are playing at a rave or radio station???
Not the MC for being booked.... but the promoter for booking them!!.....

If a MC never gets booked then he'll realise he's shit and try and improve!.... hopefully!

I see it all the time in forums these days... why are you lot hating on MCs??

Especially the DJs among us.... you lot should be a bit more profesional. MCs and DJs work together.... this is Drum&Bass not Hip-Hop where its ok to go around hating each other.

End of the day.... MCs are here to stay and whether you like it or not they will always be apart of our scene.

If you go around hating on every MC then its eventually going to come right back around and sting right back..... What if a MC that your playing with on the weekend reads this bulls**t about you hating MCs etc... and decides to f**k your set up a rip the piss out of you all night??? you havent got any control over that!
What will you do??... you cant stop playing.... cause you wont get paid.... cant turn his mic off..... cause the engineer and promoter will tell you to turn it back on.... so what will you do??

I think this new wave of DnB DJs need to start being a bit more professional about what you say and do...
as like ive said before...

WE ALL WORK TOGETHER NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER!

Im with you all the way mate - i lyk MC's they spice the set up....if you know what i mean

Hmmmm

Generally its the punters that hate on MC's!

Personally my thoughts are that ther are some good MC's around and their are a lot of different styles too. What you like personally is down to personal preference. At the same time i understand people who just dont like them.

The way i look at it as that MC's are there to keep the vibe going. They are there to compliment the DJ and music.

The problem i have is that a lot of MCs are far too big for thier boots. Its not Hip Hop. Its not an MC focussed music. Its dance music. This is why im not a fan of the jump up MCs who chat fast over beats genrally incoherently and generally disrgegarding anything but thier own egos. But then again that style of music is so empty as far as musical content and depth goes that it needs something to keep its lisetners and their short pilled up attention spans interested.

There are some great MC's out there. Last night i was lisenting to a DSB podcast set with Stamina on. He was great, his flow was tight, he was coherent and shut up .. a lot. That to me is the real skill... Right now i rate Stapleton, SP, Stamina, Conrad and Dynamite. I also anjoy GQ if im at a big rave (very very rae these days lol) and really like Deeizm on record.

If im at a rave and some twat is just babbling on destroying the tune then whats the point?

Dont even get me started on certain MC's who think chatting about 'me a gonna kill u' .. ' me a ninja.. me a fuck da yat..'.. type bollocks... just fuck right off..... grow up.

But in all honesty the best night ive been to far gaes had no MC's.. the music was so good i didnt need them. .. just think if the music is good enough why do you need them??

my point,

i really cant stand mcs that rhyme with a jamacan acsent
or spittin lyrics bashment styleee when there white ,born and bred in a small seaside town that has the ethnic population of 1 . you know who u are !

even worse is promoters that book them !
its fake and a contradiction of a artist being real and original!

i love a mc rollin in a rave ,but i understand why ravers etc have dislikes

SP, RAGE, GQ, HARRY SHOTTA, HYPER D, EVIL B, STAMINA = heavy mcs.

skibadee, fun n all the new breed lot are good but they do kindof showcase over the tunes

i know what your sayin about how mc's and dj's should work together, but they dont cos mc's have got these ridiculous ego's and just chat shit half the time, some mc's are good, dont get me wrong, but all of the big mc's. shabba, skibba and that, just ruin a decent set, sp:mc is a bit better, but with more liquid vibes, like at a hospital night

my point,

i really cant stand mcs that rhyme with a jamacan acsent
or spittin lyrics bashment styleee when there white ,born and bred in a small seaside town that has the ethnic population of 1 . you know who u are !

even worse is promoters that book them !
its fake and a contradiction of a artist being real and original!

i love a mc rollin in a rave ,but i understand why ravers etc have dislikes

Thats the stupidest thing ive ever read.....

So what??.... do you know their past??... do you know their up bringing???

Do you know the things they have experienced??

answer to that is NO!!

So who are you to tell someone if they cant speak in a certain accent??

They may have been born in Jamiaca...
They may have been bought up by Jamaican parents...
They may just be friends with alot of Jamiacans and have picked up the accent from them.....

So tell me... what gives you the right to judge people by their accent??

isp:mc is a bit better, but with more liquid vibes, like at a hospital night

actualy sp is a wicked dark side mc too.....

also Lowqui is pretty cool...

im just not a fan of fast chat hibba dibba dappa doo.. crap

or yeah blud ya git me.. im gonna kill ur mum..

actualy sp is a wicked dark side mc too.....

:word:

sp is one of the only mc's that can do any night imo. he's solid across the board. not many mcs can adapt a style to suit an event.
most of them just come running in with their double speed shit chatting and sound so put of place.

SP:MC FTW!

Thats the stupidest thing ive ever read.....

So what??.... do you know their past??... do you know their up bringing???

Do you know the things they have experienced??

answer to that is NO!!

So who are you to tell someone if they cant speak in a certain accent??

They may have been born in Jamiaca...
They may have been bought up by Jamaican parents...
They may just be friends with alot of Jamiacans and have picked up the accent from them.....

So tell me... what gives you the right to judge people by their accent??

did you even read what i wrote ?
plus i was haveing a dig at some one personally

to be a mc /artist the key points are being real ie, 100% homegrown lyrics no immatations in any form .
wannabe mcs that dont rep there home and area ,dress like someone from new york and use twang that they herd on mtv bass is wack and unreal .

did you even read what i wrote ?
plus i was haveing a dig at some one personally

to be a mc /artist the key points are being real ie, 100% homegrown lyrics no immatations in any form .
wannabe mcs that dont rep there home and area ,dress like someone from new york and use twang that they herd on mtv bass is wack and unreal .

"wack" hahaha.... someone's been watching too much MTV aswell by the sounds of it?? hahaha

who you digging at personally then?? im intrigued now. haha.

But what you was talking about in the other post was accent not lyrics..... yeh fair enough if some dude from where ever started rinsing the lyrics "log..on.. and step pon chi chi man" or "walk like a champion, talk like a champion" then id probably rip the piss out of him.....

But having an accent isnt immitation..... if someone wants to talk with a Jamaican accent then let them... The Streets talk with a cockney accent??....

Back
Top Bottom