MC Eksman - What do you think??

TooEZ

Gibber Jabber
I know there's a lot of disliking towards MCs in this forum - but i just thought I'd run this one past you.

Personally, I've been a fan of Eksman since I first heard him, but I've recently heard some sets with him on from the last Acc. Culture and especially the last UD @ Bagleys and his lyrics are fucking awesome, he's got a good rhythm, but yet he's not appreciated that much cos he's "dwarfed" by Skibadee and Shabba.

What do you lot make of him?

TooEZ said:
I know there's a lot of disliking towards MCs in this forum - but i just thought I'd run this one past you.

Personally, I've been a fan of Eksman since I first heard him, but I've recently heard some sets with him on from the last Acc. Culture and especially the last UD @ Bagleys and his lyrics are fucking awesome, he's got a good rhythm, but yet he's not appreciated that much cos he's "dwarfed" by Skibadee and Shabba.

What do you lot make of him?

I am super super picky about my MC's, I have unplugged MC's in the past for talkign too damn much...and Eksman still talks too much for my liking.

MC's need to realize the show isn't about them, its about the music. They don't need to talk through the entire fuckin mix to get their point across. MC's are getting way too big of heads if you ask me, thinkin they are more important then the DJ and crap. I normally don't agree with Hype, but Hype made a great point in an interview...

"When an MC can pack a venue full of people, just because his name is on the bill....no other DJ's or MC's at all, just his name...then call me. Because I can do that right now."

Calefaction said:
I am super super picky about my MC's, I have unplugged MC's in the past for talkign too damn much...and Eksman still talks too much for my liking.

MC's need to realize the show isn't about them, its about the music. They don't need to talk through the entire fuckin mix to get their point across. MC's are getting way too big of heads if you ask me, thinkin they are more important then the DJ and crap. I normally don't agree with Hype, but Hype made a great point in an interview...

"When an MC can pack a venue full of people, just because his name is on the bill....no other DJ's or MC's at all, just his name...then call me. Because I can do that right now."

amen to that

how can anyone be dwarfed by shabba & skibba?! no mc at all is far better than those 2. they chat shit, and even those that dont just say too much. i think emcees are inherently fucked (bar people like 2shy et al), the ego needed to get up there & bollock on for hours on end means you have trouble respecting anything other than yourself. emcees are generally (sorry) arrogant bastards and therefore not the best people to give a mic to. hehe... :lol:

imho of course. people are perfectly entitled to give the crackheads props as long as they play nice

hes alrite...i think i saw him at the last ud and i think i wud agree that he was quite good there...but i cant help but think that just about all mcs are too arrogant by far :-/ ...that hype quote just about sums up my opinons on the matter... :)

Calefaction said:

i'd like to read this interview, link?

oh and eksman runs shit right now, but he will fade out relatively quick.

2nd_oct_2002_044.jpg

EKSMAN DEFINETLY THE BEST MAN BWHAAH :lol:

Eskman came over a while ago. He's a good MC, maybe he does chat a bit too much... but every MC has got that blabber moment from time to time.

If I had to pick a UK MC.... it would be SP. He's got some nice rhymes en plenty of variation.

We don't have many good dnb MC's over here. They just sound to much of a copy of the Uk ones + most of their "Iengliesh" isn't all that. (like mine)

We have got a few good ones; like our trusty MC DOC or Ricky D....

"well, enough of this.... it's silly"

02-the-colonel.jpg

:banana:

Last edited:
:inlove:

I don't like that many MC's, but Eksman is my favourite, specially when he's with Herbsie or New Breed. He doesn't seem arrogant imo compared to the likes of the other 'professional' mc's.

He's got about 50 million chats, versatile (fast one minute then slow the next). Bigs up the DJ, and last night when I wa slistening to him and Chillem on ruud, he did shut up and let the music do the talking quite a bit.

So! There's my opinion lol :)

Saw him live for the first time ever on Saturday in Oxford mc'ing over Bryan Gee. I had previously heard him on tapes and on the net but this was the first time i'd actually witnessed him "in person". Doesn't seem to get many Midlands bookings at this moment in time....

Anyway, to be honest I thought he was pretty good. Sound system and mic levels wasn't doing him many favours but he held it down well, kept the party lively and seemed to have a lot of time for the ravers.

So a thumbs up from me. Big up Eksman......

Big up all the support for eksman - Zestoi, Caution. He is good and he does have time for everyone like u said. Vote him to win the awards this year and get skiba off his big headed throne!! :gslayer:

TooEZ said:
Big up all the support for eksman - Zestoi, Caution. He is good and he does have time for everyone like u said. Vote him to win the awards this year and get skiba off his big headed throne!! :gslayer:

He's good and all but I dont think he is as good as Skibba. Place goes off everytime he is inside the dance. Skibba will win once again I reckon.

:mkay:

I think of all the fast shatting mcs eksman is near the top of the tree. the gu has improved a lot over the last couple of years, and hes a safe bloke as well.

shatting? rofl!

seriously tho, he is good. I prefer him to most shit-talkers, would be good to see him live one day.

Maybe a nice bloke an that but so is skibs,and i'm sure the bigger head goes to eks:spliff:

i seen him about 100 times..he was the new kid on the block.. 1 st saw him bout 2000..he has got talent defo has.. mcs r just one style of dnb ova jump up.. take it for what it is!! ye?!?!

Back
Top Bottom