mc/dj comp proposition

daky

its right about time that pompy held a decent dj/mc competition for up and coming unsigned junglist djs and mcs they could send demos inta the forum and a selection of the best ones could play on the night along with residents,it could be judged by someone with a bit of respect and acclaim like grooverider for example,hes played breakneck b4 and the crowd was goin crazy.
pompy jus needs some diversity with different nights new sound and fresh ideas ,i would personally gather an army of junglists to spread the word of the new night and RAM-JAM the venue..thus creating an innovative new rave filled to the brim with drum an base heads seekin a new and positve night.one more thing why doesnt mission get packed out ive personally had sum gr8 nights in there but it never really gets going,and while im on the subject of mission whens mc gibber gonna get the chance to do a set at breakneck?a very talented mc who recieves virtually no reckonision. :readthis:

daky said:
its right about time that pompy held a decent dj/mc competition for up and coming unsigned junglist djs and mcs they could send demos inta the forum and a selection of the best ones could play on the night along with residents,it could be judged by someone with a bit of respect and acclaim like grooverider for example,hes played breakneck b4 and the crowd was goin crazy.
pompy jus needs some diversity with different nights new sound and fresh ideas ,i would personally gather an army of junglists to spread the word of the new night and RAM-JAM the venue..thus creating an innovative new rave filled to the brim with drum an base heads seekin a new and positve night.one more thing why doesnt mission get packed out ive personally had sum gr8 nights in there but it never really gets going,and while im on the subject of mission whens mc gibber gonna get the chance to do a set at breakneck?a very talented mc who recieves virtually no reckonision. :readthis:
we need a break through .... mc gibber is heavyyyy ive herd him at the vurt ... time to think wat we gona do bout them new nights dont 4get bad ace and risk a bussness sayber there da boy you want to feature ..... trust me very dirrty

i won the last comp held at the wdge wood rooms......
it was genisis. it was cool except that due to a crap turn out at the next one it had to stop ...!! doh!!

still i reckon id give u lot a run for yo cash......im up for it!!!

healthy compettion is always good. people get too safe in their positions and dont get challenged very often , hence the standard slips (not always tho)....

we need to keep them on their toes.

and what about mc flyte from vurt.. hes good..nice an rapid!

i wana put on a night to give people a chance to promote themsleves that wopuld be good.
what about mission at eq ?(i know its a shite club) that was an opotunity to play out i played there a couple of times although again it had a problem with turn out!

:idhitit: A NEW COMP RUNNIN IN POMPEY WUD DEF B A GOOD IDEA.CAME 2ND IN THE GENISIS 1ST NIGHT MYSELF(MCIN) AFTER 11 PINTS LOL SHOULDNT HAVE GONE IN THAT STATE BUT I ONLY REALISED I WAS GOIN AFTER A HEAVY AFTERNOON IN THE PUB AFTER MY MATES CONVINCED ME.NO DISSRESPECT TO THE WINNER HE WAS VERY GOOD ON THE NIGHT (MC WILLY-G).JUST TO SAY NICE 1 MATE I BOOKED HIM FOR THE LAST NIGHT WE DID (TOTAL ECLIPSE).ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE NEW TALENT BREAKIN THROUGH IN POMPEY WHETHER IN A BIG WAY OR JUST LOCALLY.YEH RESPECT TO GIBBER HES GOOD FROM WHAT IVE SEEN OF HIM.IL B WANDERING DOWN TO MISSION SOONER OR LATER,HAVENT BEEN EQ SINCE VYNAL FANTASY HE HE.EZ LOKI HAVENT SEN U OUT FOR A BIT.ANY COMPS COMIN UP OR ANY ONE FANCY ORGANISING 1 GIVE ME A PM IM ALWAYS UP FOR A PARTY!!! DUNNO BOUT GROOVERIDER JUDGING THOUGH AS THOUGHT HE HATES MC'S IN GENERAL. :saber: MC GESTURE

Yeah, pompey needs some new stuff i'm with y'all there. What we need for a dj/mc comp to set things running is for a big venue, not some small shitole. We need a longer event, ie 7-2 or summut to get more people in. The problem wit Genesis was the Djs especially only got a bout 10mins each. We need to get all the djs/mcs to bring all their mates down with them to make a party of it, and of course anyone who wants to enjoy the proceedings. Need drinks promos. I can remember some nites at glasshouse with red stripe a pound a can!!!! And most of all need some proper promotion!......but im game. Respect for all the respect for the Gibber!!!

Back
Top Bottom