MC Bassman - Hate or Rate

People who say that hyper and bass man are legends in the same sentence should be banned. Even if some people do think bassman is a legend, there are still a lot of people who disagree. On the other hand I dont think I have ever read any posts saying that Hyper is not an all time legend. See where Im going?

Cant compare Hyper D to Bassman to be honest.
Hyper D had a flow, some sick lyrics and fired up the crowd.
Bassman just sounds like hes on Ketamine and crack.

BASSMAN GWAN LIKE MR. KIPLING... EXCEEDINGLY GOOD ME BREDRINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, glad I started that one up.

I respect that he is a legend but sometimes the legends disappear. I like Det but hardly hear him anymore. I know he just raves n eats n sleeps but his deep voice has a good impact on sets. Last time I heard Det was on a set with Goldie and it was good.

Hyper D shits allover Bass, no contest.

I wasn't comparing their styles, I was comparing the impact they had on the scene...

Why?

Because lots of people think he is shit and hasn't had as big an impact as some say he has.

Because lots of people think he is shit and hasn't had as big an impact as some say he has.

Well, you're only 3 years younger than me, so i'm not gonna say you would'nt remember, but you were around to experience both & to say that Bass/Shadow Demon did'nt have any/as muc impact, just because you think they're shit is dismissive on the grounds of taste & not actuality... ;)

Well, you're only 3 years younger than me, so i'm not gonna say you would'nt remember, but you were around to experience both & to say that Bass/Shadow Demon did'nt have any/as muc impact, just because you think they're shit is dismissive on the grounds of taste & not actuality... ;)

my earlier years of dnb & jungle was based around listening to AWOL, Slammin Vinyl & heat. Bassman never had as big an impact on those events as people like Hyper, GQ & Fearless so thats why my opinion is the way it is.

For the record I dont think Bassman is completely shit, Trigga is fucking gash imo but there is a time and place for bassman (as long as its not over an Andy C set!!). I just don't think he had as big an overall impact as Hyper did. I can understand why people like him but think putting him in the same league as Hyper is a bit far imo. Just look at people's posts for example. Not one person slagging off hyper whilst there are many slagging on bass.

He can be funny (heard him many times @ various Hysteria's) and has been around for time but i don't rate Bassy one bit.

complete wank, worst mc in the game, infact the whole of the sdc i think are awful
i will avoid all sets, events if sdc are there,
so glad there are hardly ever booked for london events

whos wants to listen to some bloke chatting shit like " theres only 6 minutes left in the set, only 6 minutes to get my dick out"
complete shite

always been a fan of the bass... often had to defend him to un-enlightened friends! Since becoming a dj myself, my interest in mcing has faded, almost to the point of dislike... but bass puts a grin on my face ear to ear!

I think his lyrics and style are fresh, and don't clutter up the mix when you are trying to dj... unlike most mc's who sound like fucking anouncers on Ch4 races! :boxing:

to much double time = shit
mc's taking themselves too serious = shit

bear in mind, just my opinion... not gospel!

magnum.jpg

Back
Top Bottom