'Mayhem' - Nightwalker (Signal)

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
Thoughts on this???

Ive gotta say Im liking this one a lot, although I can imagine a lot of people arent gonna agree lol.

Originally bought this 12" for 'Colobus' as Id listened to 'Mayhem' on the dub page and wasnt too keen on it. Hadnt even given it another listen before yesterday, and now I cant get enough of it! I admit its pretty fucking silly, but I just love the switches and the energy of the tune.

Opinions?

I like the way his production is real raw, but it doesn't quite hit the spot the way mampi or ray keith does with the crude yet heavyweight sound.

One thing I always hear on DOA is that you can't rate tune content, only production because otherwise it's a matter of taste. I think tunes like this definitely prove that production is a matter of taste. It's all about breaking the rules of what is good and bad in terms of production. If people always produced by the book then music would sound pretty sterile

Serum said:
One thing I always hear on DOA is that you can't rate tune content, only production because otherwise it's a matter of taste. I think tunes like this definitely prove that production is a matter of taste. It's all about breaking the rules of what is good and bad in terms of production. If people always produced by the book then music would sound pretty sterile

Well Said :applause:

Back
Top Bottom