May end of Exams Techier mix

cheers for the detailed feedback man its really appreciated. Yeah love dub is awesome, heard it at at house party a few weeks ago and it was instabag stuff.
I know a few of the mixes were a bit out (first one nearly was as well) but i really need to invest in some decent monitors at some point - long term project.
Cheers for the listen and the feedback and glad you enjoyed some of it man :)

You're not the only one mate, I'm still using cheap Sony ones through a stereo. They aren't too bad for bedroom mixing but sometimes it's hard to really tell if you're beatmatching which is really frustrating. Some KRK's (as they seem to be top dollar for bedroom djing) are next on my list lol :)

You're not the only one mate, I'm still using cheap Sony ones through a stereo. They aren't too bad for bedroom mixing but sometimes it's hard to really tell if you're beatmatching which is really frustrating. Some KRK's (as they seem to be top dollar for bedroom djing) are next on my list lol :)

yeah just seen them on chris's pictures... problem i have is the bass is too overpowering on my speakers... yeah i hear KRKs are good choice

Nearly let this one slip!
All in all pretty damn sick mix mate!

without a doubt favourite section has to be:

Origin Unknown - Lunar bass (Commix Remix)
Mark System - Love Dub
Alix Perez - Behind Time
Skeptical & Mc Fokus - Structure

these tunes were mixed superbly, eqed very well and the wholevibe was pretty wicked.
but tbf was feeling the whole mix, very nice work.
following on soundcloud haha (y)
big up

loving it so far, only 12 mins in..

edit: basically what everyone else has said in regards to the best 4/5 tracks section (origin unknown onwards)
perfect...

Last edited:
Nearly let this one slip!
All in all pretty damn sick mix mate!

without a doubt favourite section has to be:

Origin Unknown - Lunar bass (Commix Remix)
Mark System - Love Dub
Alix Perez - Behind Time
Skeptical & Mc Fokus - Structure

these tunes were mixed superbly, eqed very well and the wholevibe was pretty wicked.
but tbf was feeling the whole mix, very nice work.
following on soundcloud haha (y)
big up

cheers man, glad you enjoyed it, had a play with some stuff i don't usually go for (that tunnel tune and some of the old hardware stuff) so was nice to see it was appreciated!
loving it so far, only 12 mins in..

edit: basically what everyone else has said in regards to the best 4/5 tracks section (origin unknown onwards)
perfect...

cheers for checking man :)

glad everyone seems to be digging that section - just need to get more of my mixes like that in future

Love the mix JWood! Nice tunes and tight mixing mate.

I was definitely not expecting that Concord Dawn tune to come in...It's been years since I heard it...nice one man!

Love the mix JWood! Nice tunes and tight mixing mate.

I was definitely not expecting that Concord Dawn tune to come in...It's been years since I heard it...nice one man!
cheers dave :)
haha i'm not sure if i even like that CD tune that much, but the drums are cool so in it went!

mate! massive massive improve since the last mix i heard, mixes are alot tighter, a few clashes but nothing too major - the intro was rude, always like a good intro ;)
the mix has kept me very entertained all the way through really, loads of tunes i havent heard - funny iv not heard 'Need You' for ages, then twice in one day?!!
it just come out on MP3 or sumink? or are you a vinyl don? anyways, well chuffed wen i heard that, if commix had been a little tighter i think i would jumped outta bed and got me a little skank on!
after that was just rollin' though man just tune after tune, that 'Airtime' tune came in alittle hard and fast that was the only downfall, i felt the rest of the mix was bangin, that mix with Hazard and Chook was the best mix on there i think well stood out, perked me up just as i was falling back to sleep (not cause of ur mix btw)
the end was raw, think it would of been nice to end on liquidy tip but thats just my choice.. overall wicked mix defo send ya next one my way add me up on FB if you on it facebook.com/mrdanielrobinson

cheers man :)
need you came out again on the 15 years of hardware compilation so been rinsing some of the stuff on there! I'm on digital rather than vinyl due to only really starting a year or so ago and realising that student + vinyl isn't a good combo...
Glad you enjoyed the mix though, i just need to work on getting the mixes that little bit tighter still.
I'm actually planning to do a liquidy one next, got lots of bits and i never really play much liquid so will be a nice change for me.
thanks for the listen and feedback man, its all muchos appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom