May 2011 Drum&Bass Mix Constructive Criticism Needed!

Dom!Reavers!

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum, been dj'ing for about 6 months now and have recently started uploading a few mixes to soundcloud etc. What I'm really in need of is some criticism so I can improve, after all thats what its all about isn't it?

Heres my most recent:

Set List:

Danny Byrd - Tonight (Featuring Netsky)
London Elektricity - Meteorites (Danny Byrd Remix)
Danny Byrd - Illl Behaviour (Featuring I-Kay)
Die and Interface - Bright Lights (Netsky Remix)
Swedish House Mafia - One (Netsky Remix)
Brookes Brothers - Tears You Down
Camo and Krooked - Reincarnation
Netsky - Pirate Bay VIP
Doctor P - Sweet Shop (Friction VS Camo and Krooked Remix)
Nosia - Friendly Intentions
Nosia - Diplodocus
Original Sin - Phantasm
DC Breaks - Take That

and theres also a couple more mixes on my profile: http://soundcloud.com/dom-uk

Have a listen let me know what you think. Thanks!

Last edited:
Bit of advice mate, wen u post a mix up. whack a tracklist up aswell.
Youll get alot more views if u do (y)

yo, not a majour fan of the tracklist but seein as u want some help i gave it a whirl,
your beatmatching througout most of the mixes was good, one thing i realised quite early on is that your getting alot of vocal clashes from the tunes. try to avoid this if u can (y)
but other than that man good work.
keep it up

Thankyou man, it's nice to get a little criticism, dont have many dj friends in real life see. I've been told about the vocal thing by someone else, will make sure I fix that in future mixes. Btw where abouts in Bournemouth are you from? I lived there up until about 9 months ago! :)

Thankyou man, it's nice to get a little criticism, dont have many dj friends in real life see. I've been told about the vocal thing by someone else, will make sure I fix that in future mixes. Btw where abouts in Bournemouth are you from? I lived there up until about 9 months ago! :)

yea no worries man, its always good to get a bit of feedback, i guess im lucky that alot of my mates mix/produce aswell.
well im a bit outside bournemouth, ringwood/ferndown area if ur familiar with it?

Back
Top Bottom