Maximum tune length?

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
Im makin a dubstep track but i like to have pretty long intros...i dunno i just feel i can be more musical with them and experiment say if i was going to get a tune cut to vinyl whats the maximum length i could do it to? my tune is currently 8mins 15seconds but i think i should add an extra 16 bars for a build down and an outro so it all mathematically adds up.

Basically i wanna know whats the maximum length a track should be so a dj can play it?

thanks in advance

Im makin a dubstep track but i like to have pretty long intros...i dunno i just feel i can be more musical with them and experiment say if i was going to get a tune cut to vinyl whats the maximum length i could do it to? my tune is currently 8mins 15seconds but i think i should add an extra 16 bars for a build down and an outro so it all mathematically adds up.

Basically i wanna know whats the maximum length a track should be so a dj can play it?

thanks in advance

well i think you will be ok mate, think of all those oldskool albums that are on vinyl that last ages and there all one sided. just dont take the piss coz the chances are if you have an intro thats like 2 mins or summit the dj will just skip parts off it to get to the mixable bits, why not do a different mix for vinyl and cd, make the vinyl shorter and better to mix for djs and the cd version can be the full length track.

well if you are getting it cut on plate then the max time you can have without it affecting the quality of the press is about 7 mins 30 secs. If you are doing it on CD then it doesnt really matter mate. I would be interested to hear it when its done tho.

u can probly make it longer on vinyl if ya get it pressed a 33 rather than 45

i was told 6:30 for max length otherwise they have to make the tune so its at 33rpm
so i try to keep my tunage under that

okay kool...well i dont think my tune will work with the intro bein shorterthe first drop is at 1min 49 that aint too long i suppose...but yeah if this tune did wanna get cut i suppose i could cut it down ect.....it will probably be in about a month as im puttin quite abit of effort in as i made possibley the fattest bass sound ive ever made lol. I wanna get my mixdown perfect and test it on a few systems ect.

Not being bigheaded but i can already imagine this tune bein played at dubstep raves lol

okay kool...well i dont think my tune will work with the intro bein shorterthe first drop is at 1min 49 that aint too long i suppose...but yeah if this tune did wanna get cut i suppose i could cut it down ect.....it will probably be in about a month as im puttin quite abit of effort in as i made possibley the fattest bass sound ive ever made lol. I wanna get my mixdown perfect and test it on a few systems ect.

Not being bigheaded but i can already imagine this tune bein played at dubstep raves lol

thats quite a statement to make..look forward to the final cut
:gang_bang

As a rule of thumb, the shorter the track the louder the cut onto vinyl or dubplate, most tracks sit between 5.30 and 7 mins, all those old albums that had loads of tracks on one side used to be very low loudness if you all remember..

I like to keep things short, loud and fat..

When will we hear audio of said tune???

When will we hear audio of said tune???

i still got shit loads to do to it il make a thread when i think its myspace worthy.
I already got a few people asking for mp3s...i need to vary it abit and get it sounding top notch..also the drums need abit of layering, they are punchy enough but just need a better sound

Back
Top Bottom