Matter also known as Proud2 recently bought out and made up as brand new venue.

*Chloe

VIP Junglist
Just read this and proper excited!! Proud2 ruined the venue when they took over from Matter and i loved Matter, so sad when it closed down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

London's O2 has replaced the Proud2 nightclub on its premises with a 'blank canvas' venue.

The club space was originally opened in 2008 as Matter before reopening as Proud2 after a £1 million refurbishment in 2011 when it was bought out by the Proud Galleries group. It will now be known as Building Six.

London Warehouse Events have joined forces with The O2 for the 3000 capacity club space in the Greenwich venue, which also houses the The O2 Arena and IndigO2. Building Six will host a variety of different club nights, gigs and events.

In a statement, Will Harold, the director of LWE, commented: "This is a great thing for London's club scene right now. Promoters have been struggling to find the spaces they need to accommodate the level of talent there is out there. Dance music is growing and this is the perfect venue to take it to the next level, specially with the amazing body sonic dancefloor and layout, this makes it the perfect space for any event."

General manager of The O2 Rebecca Kane, added: "I am very excited at the prospect of working with LWE to deliver some cool events in Building Six - our newest space within The O2. The high profile club nights the promoter is renowned for delivering are a perfect fit for the warehouse-style space the venue offers. This deal also highlights the diversity of entertainment offered at The O2."

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71985

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
good news, went to proud2 once, first legal club night...bit jump-up centric but still a banging night.

Hopefully this will bring the boost the london scene needs right now.

danwell

BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT
VIP Junglist
they completely ruined matter, chandeliers, polka dot floors and walls... nah.. looking forward to some dnb nights here. all LWE nights ive been to have been wicked

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
i never went to matter or proud2 but isnt the main issue with that place transport? difficulty getting home at 6am?

im not a londoner so could be wrong

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
I never really had any problems, but then again I live south of the river.

Fuck knows what the deal is, but people always used to fucking complain a storm about it

*Chloe

VIP Junglist
It was messed up because they were doing work on the underground line. It should be fine now but it used to be hell getting home. Getting replacement bus at 7am was not the one.

Hombre-J

Currently Ballsacked
VIP Junglist
Never ended up going to Matter, which I'm fuming about. Loads of extenuating circumstances prevented me every time it was planned.

Might give this new one a whirl.

$pyto

NEW DAWN
VIP Junglist
Nice to see LWE getting involved. This is a positive expansion for them; they seem like a pretty solid running co

I didn't mind Proud2 tbh. It was more open plan than Matter, so you didn't get a ridiculously crowded dancefloor with dodgy steps, then an empty bar. Plus you couldn't really notice the dodgy decor as it was quite dark. Had more of a moody rave feel - but in a good way

The crowd at Matter could get pretty ghey sometimes. But, now they're all at Brixton Academy...