Matrix & Futurebound - Worldwide 001 Album Sampler

Tim Viper Recs

Viper Recordings
VIP Junglist

MATRIX & FUTUREBOUND
WORLDWIDE 001 ALBUM SAMPLER
A. MATRIX & FUTUREBOUND - STRENGTH 2 STRENGTH (SMOOTH REMIX)
AA. FUTUREBOUND - BLIND COBBLERS THUMB (TANTRUM DESIRE REMIX)

Exclusive Viper Recordings/Beatport release: 25th April 2011
Single released: 9th May 2011
Label: Metro/Viper Recordings
Format: 12’’ Vinyl & Download

Matrix & Futurebound preceed their upcoming DJ Mix/Compilation album, ‘Wordwide 001’ with this limited edition 12’’ vinyl sampler featuring two brand new exclusive tracks taken from the album: Matrix & Futurebound - Strength 2 Strength (Smooth Remix) and Futurebound Blind Cobblers Thumb (Tantrum Desire Remix).

‘Worldwide:001’ will be released as a double CD and digital download with an epic 36 track 70 minute mix from Matrix & Futurebound on CD1, with 15 exclusive unmixed tracks on CD2. In addition, 10 of the biggest exclusive tracks will be released across limied 5 x 12" vinyl-only singles.

OUT NOW EXCLUSIVELY ON THE VIPER SHOP & BEATPORT

Matrix & Futurebound ‘Strength 2 Strength (Smooth Remix)’
In less than 12 months, Smooth has gone from bedroom beat-making to gaining the support of some of the biggest names in DnB, including Pendulum who featured two of his tracks in their recent Radio 1 essential mix. Now signed exclusively to Futurebound’s Viper Recordings label, his signature style of soaring vocals above heavy club beats and bass (heavily influenced by the sound originally pioneered by Matrix & Futurebound themselves) made him the obvious choice produce a new take on their classic track ‘Strength 2 Strength’ which originally featured on Matrix & Futurebound’s seminal ‘Universal Truth’ album. Smooth takes the originals now familiar disco diva vocals, contorting, clipping and twisting them over off-beat synths and titanium hard 2011 snares. In addition he introduces a new accapella breakdown before the first drop and a rampaging stadium dnb build before the second. Both will guarantee hands in the air anywhere in the world. The genius of this mix is that on one hand, it sticks very closely to the elements that made the original such a classic while simultaneously sounding like a brand new record, entirely in keeping with Smooth’s current work. A classic update of a classic original.

Futurebound ‘Blind Cobblers Thumb (Tantrum Desire Remix)’
Production team Tantrum Desire burst onto the scene in 2008, signing exclusively to Drumsound & Simon Bassline Smith’s Technique recordings with their subsequent original tracks (such as Freeze, Failure To Engage) and scene stealing remixes (of Bassline Smith’s ‘Cape Fear’ and ‘Welcome To The Jungle’ and Shimon’s ‘The Smoker’) regularly finding their way into the boxes of the DnB A-List such as Grooverider, Jumping Jack Frost, Hype and Ray Keith. On their first tune for Viper Recordings / Metro, the trio have been enlisted to put their own stamp on the very first single to be released on Viper Recordings, Futurebound’s bassline bounce classic ‘Blind Cobblers Thumb’. Keeping the originals instantly recognisable lead riff and adding in layer upon layer of intense rave fueled synth mayhem, this is a club banger and no mistake. Anyone familiar with Tantrum Desire will know the destruction their signature sound causes in clubs (beware on your home speakers, their dubs will tear anything but the most sturdy system to shreds), and this is possibly their finest moment yet. Probably the best jump up record you will hear all year. 2011’s bouncing bomb. Come On!

Got some great stuff coming on the album, I promise. Some tunes ppl been itching for ages such as InsideInfo - Honey Bee and Smooth - Calling. As well as Matrix - Shelter (attn old skool Matrix fans!), and the first tune by the original Moving Fusion (Jeff & Sparfunk) since 2005!!! :cool:

Got some great stuff coming on the album, I promise. Some tunes ppl been itching for ages such as InsideInfo - Honey Bee and Smooth - Calling. As well as Matrix - Shelter (attn old skool Matrix fans!), and the first tune by the original Moving Fusion (Jeff & Sparfunk) since 2005!!! :cool:

sick! cant wait for Honey Bee!!

Furlonge-Time remains better be on there; feeling that track!
Glad to see shelter getting a release too
Looking forward to that track project you posted on facebook the other day (the big old pass the parcel)
What I'd really love to see is you to set a project where you assign a style to an artist that hasn't really covered that kind of area before, then keep tweaking it till they feel it. Would love to see smooth to make a gritty bass roller with his own style etc

Furlonge-Time remains better be on there; feeling that track!
Glad to see shelter getting a release too
Looking forward to that track project you posted on facebook the other day (the big old pass the parcel)
What I'd really love to see is you to set a project where you assign a style to an artist that hasn't really covered that kind of area before, then keep tweaking it till they feel it. Would love to see smooth to make a gritty bass roller with his own style etc
Err which tune was that? (i post a lot lol)

Smooth's got so many tunes to choose from. Another one of his 'Alienated' (as Telekinesis w/ Marko Man) is on the album as well. He does some really dark techy Virus-style stuff as well, no shortage of flavours from him!

yeah man, telekinesis are doing their badass thing on bad taste/red light records and whatnot, that tantrum desire remix is spot on on dancefloors, goes down so well with almost everything

Blind Cobblers Thumb remix definitely goes off on the dancefloor! Think I'll be bagging this one.

Sounds like there's some exciting stuff coming on Viper this year, looking forward to it.

I thought I would just wait for the album, hate paying for things twice, but cos it was so good i decided to go and buy it

Went to the VIPER store and saw the prices.

Looks like I'm waiting for the album.

Back
Top Bottom