materializm rmx comp WIP - first attempt at some darker stuff

ok well... the beat is really flat. it doesnt have any life to it as both the kick and snare are really weak.

the synth could work nicely i think but its hard to tell with this beat going on, the beat is the main thing u wanna make sound good if the beat doesnt sound good then nothing else is gonna sound good.

i thought it was an interesting piece of work, but not dark enough for me :) come on groelle! I KNOW YOU GOT SICKER SIDE! :D

feed those synths with a lower set - lower by an octave (to fatten them up). maybe distort the set you got now with some ohm work (frohmage vst etc etc..) chorus them out a bit. i dont think flat is the right word for the beat imo. the hats/snare are wide enough for my ears. i just think that a punchier snare is needed. maybe keep the splashy one in the background slightly though - but a punchier one is needed.

clean up those bongo synths, make them cut out of the mix in the frequency territory. (sharp attack, less sharp decay envelope perhaps?) (y)

Lifeless may be the word for the beat, perhaps, and for me I get that impression when the hats/cymbals are a little too robotic/machine-gun. Work on the dynamics of your tin ring dings. Few quiet notes, bit of humanisation.

And T-leaf said it about the synth. Way to high. It's good for a top layer, but you're missing the body of the sound, the power. More than likely an octave lower as suggested.

I have the Materializm site as a home page, but as yet haven't gotten on it. Might have a look again.
Over-all the first few bars were the most promising, but it wasn't dark enough after that.

locked....

intro fx are scary the hat sounds cheap tho get a nice bright ride in theer for intro

beats sound like they need quantising to me too

Still sounds quite jump uppy to me too, not what i would call dark tbh

good effort tho man, u got the general idea in there man

keep working it :)

thanks zeal ;)

ill try to make it darker once i get round to work on this one a bit more.

thanks again for all the feedback! much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom