Matching vocals over track

Welsh Junglist

AKA Faqade
VIP Junglist
I've got myself a few acapellas but a lot of them are from house tracks that are around 140bpm, I just wondering if anyone has got any tips on matching them to a 174-6bpm track. I've tried speeding it up and slowing it down but that don't work cause it ruins the vocals. Is there a good way to do it or anything? Thanks everyone.

sony acid pro >
insert the accapella >
right click channel select 'properties' >
right click the file in the window thats opened & select 'clip properties' >
general > ACID type > beatmapped
stretch > select 'beatmapper wizard'

once youve done your beat matching the bpm on acid should change to whatever youve made it on the beatmapper wizard > switch the bpm up to your choice the audio will do the same > to get the squeaky voice away > get back into the clip properties and theres an option that says 'preserve pitch when changed' un tick the box and listen again.

hope that helps man
pm for acid ;)

digital audio workstation

cubase, fruity loops, reason etc....

prolly the nn-xt sampler, I've tried uppin the pitch but it makes it sound like scouse house shiz, I'l have a fiddle round with it I'm sure there will be a tempo somewhere. If not I'l pm you for that *legit* copy of acid pro ;)

reason eh, i know of a good video explaining how to do it in fl studio but not reason. have a look on youtube mate, type in reason 4 accapella tutorial or sumin like that.:)

prolly the nn-xt sampler, I've tried uppin the pitch but it makes it sound like scouse house shiz, I'l have a fiddle round with it I'm sure there will be a tempo somewhere. If not I'l pm you for that *legit* copy of acid pro ;)

no probz

take a look at this one if you haven't seen it already:
http://vimeo.com/1606181 - Vocal chopping tips with Danny Byrd (found it in another thread)
Dunno if this is what you need, but it's about vocals :D
He uses ReCycle however which is not the cheapest piece of sw around.

If you pitch the vocals to fit in with the track they will go out of key. The best way round it is to chop it up into individual words so that they start on bars/phrasses on your sequencer. This is a very time consuming proccess though...

What a load of bollocks. Every sound editing program worth its salt has an option that preserves key (pitch) while stretching time. So your 140 house vocal -> 174 dnb vocal without it turning shite.

I'm sure this is in Reason as well.

Yeh, I was asking how to do it in Reason Dustek. The only way I was doing it was using the pitch switch, that's why it was sounding shite. I don't know how to change the tempo in Reason that's why I was asking.

Important note for your security

Be a Professional Game Shop ,we sincerelywow goldhope all of our Customers can have a smooth and secure transaction with us , so please keep in mind after you made an order from usgold: Don't tell your char name or password to anyone except our supporters keep your computer away from keylogs. And make surewow goldthere is no one by your side when you arewow goldbuying GP at our site.

Back
Top Bottom