Match the phrases help!

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi people just wondering if someone can give me some advice on phrases. I know on every 4 bar hear little change in music ie sound, drum pattern etc.. on 8 bar hear big change ie drum roll cymbal crash etc...

I'm gonna try and explain best i can. Just say i got deck playing record and it's coming up to 8 bar. Do i cue up other record on 8 bar to? Or can i cue it up at 16 bar? I'm trying to match phrases so get nice mix. Hope someone gets what i mean.

Thanks for any advice you can give :)

Depends what you're trying to do, and which phrase it is that you're coming out of...

Just keep practising and you'll see what I mean - sorry if this isn't helpful, but it's quite difficult to explain...

Depends what you're trying to do, and which phrase it is that you're coming out of...

Just keep practising and you'll see what I mean - sorry if this isn't helpful, but it's quite difficult to explain...

That's cool man, Thanks for replying.

every phrase is 32 bars :)match them up all evenly for double drops so you'll have to start both records at the start of 32

you're thinking about it too much. it's a kinda wax on, wax off, paint the fence type of thing. trust your instincts*

or look at some tutorials

Drop in the first beat of the track you want to bring in, with the first change (or any change really) of the track you are bringing out...........then beat match it a little, then decide when u want to bring it in properly....then bring the track in properly at another change

that should give you a feel of it

But having said that, Djing is an art, so you can cut basslines tamper with high and mids and make your own changes and shit also, but don't worry about that yet

use your ears bruv. (it gets easier if you know your music really well)

...a funny aside:

i had a girl ask me at a show why i wear headphones. I told her it makes DJs look cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom