Mastering studio(s)

Discussion in 'Production' started by kuthoerrr89, Feb 27, 2011.

1. kuthoerrr89

kuthoerrr89 Member

Sup ya'll,

I'm wondering if you guys have any experience concerning taking your tracks to a professional mastering studio.

I want to master a track that i'm working on (maybe some other songs too).

I know that if you get picked up by a label, they will master your track for you BUT since i'm more into remixing it's often prohibited to release a remix if you don't have consent to release it.

Maybe you guys can tell me what master studio you recommend? Pro's and Conc, prizes, location etc.

Cheersies!

2. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

3. kuthoerrr89

kuthoerrr89 Member

Yeah? I do know Macc knows so much about mastering, he is amazing on the dubstep forum.

Can you link me to some tracks he mastered for you? I'm thinking about getting two of my tracks mastered by him.

4. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

Dubstudio in bristol are good. Mastered my last couple of releases . £30 for a master.

5. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

PureFocus.ca are good too. Always better to have it mastered by someone else because if you've produced a track from start to finish, you probably have a biased view of it. Fresh ears = win.

It's a technical process so there's no point trying to wing it, unless you literally want to play a track out once or twice and that's it. Get your mixdown nice then send it to someone, I'm sure any of the above are great, I've used PureFocus and they do a great job for pennies.

6. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  7. kuthoerrr89

kuthoerrr89 Member

8. Subsequent

Subsequent New Member

Macc is very popular in the DNB field it seems, everywhere I read I read his name.. big up Macc!

I also run an online mastering house, if you want to take a look : www.subsequentmastering.com / subsequentstudio at hot mail dot com