Mastering and bass...

Noib

ok, the advice I've heard for mastering drums and bass so that they don't distort each other is to throw the lo end of the bass up, while dropping the lo on the kick and upping the mid, so that they exist in different frequencies, thing is, I really really like bumping drums to go along well with a good bassline, and I hear alot of music that pulls it off well, and it sounds beautiful, so, my question is, how should master the 2 in order to maximize my bumpage without distortion?

Also, I am using FL7 right now, and I've been looking to get some software specifically for mastering as I feel that FL is perhaps somewhat limited in that area...

any advice is appreciated, and I apologize ahead of time if there has already been a thread on this, if you just link me I'll check it out!

getting the kick and bass in harmony is not something that should be done during mastering, its something that should be done during the production and mixdown.... buying more software will not really solve your problem, what you want to do is perfectly achievable in FL

i think you need to look into sidechaining.... which is something a cant really help with as im new to it myself

theres videos on youtube showing how to sidechain in FL

getting the kick and bass in harmony is not something that should be done during mastering, its something that should be done during the production and mixdown.... buying more software will not really solve your problem, what you want to do is perfectly achievable in FL

i think you need to look into sidechaining.... which is something a cant really help with as im new to it myself

theres videos on youtube showing how to sidechain in FL

thanks, I'll look into it...

EQ your kick drum to 100 roll off anything below and have your snares at 200 this will bring them out in the mix and will stop distorting your kicks with sub.
Think this is what you were asking?

Back
Top Bottom