Massively lacking inspiration

If I look for new inspiration then I like to listen to alot of music of the genre of course.
What also helps is trying to discover new stuff, for example I would look for Jump Up DNB tracks I haven't discovered yet.
Helps freshening my mind and getting new ideas.

Always take kind of a reference track.

I've been listening to a lot of jazz and hiphop jazz lately on the radio when I'm off to bed; they never mention most of the track names but damn is it some top quality stuff. Do some crate digging and listen to some jazz, it's like a cornerstone for anything.

Did you try throwing a vocal in there to see what it did? Or just find one sound that's really tight and build the track around it?

maybe listening to some tunes that are similiar to the one you're aiming for will help, kinda thought of gutterfunk by noisia on the first listen, just a stripped down version :D

Guess you've tried a counter synth, something that bass can talk to so to speak? Listen to Zincs crack house mixes or something, he always plays this sorta stuff HTH

Yeah very true guys, you know when u just keep listening to something and it starts sounding shit? Makes me just wanna give up on the tune!

I might leave it for a week and come back to it, may have a fresh set of ears for it.

Back
Top Bottom