Massive filter routing question

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
Bit of a noobish thing to ask but....

just say on filter one i have a scream filter or some other filter but on filter two i want to put a low pass or high pass to control the whole sound with a LFO how do i do it??

I currently have a bad ass sound but cannot produce a wobble on filter one that i want so i wanna control it with filter two but just cant

If you want to control the whole sound then you need to allocate the LFO to the amp/intensity nobs on the oscillator tabs.

I had exactly the same problem so I just used filter 1 as normal then used a separate auto filter for the low pass, I know the auto filter in logic and ableton have the ability to "wobble" the cutoff but I'm not sure about other daw built in ones you might have to draw the automation in your self hope this helps

you can, but then you lose the movement or sound from filter A. It's like you can use filter 1 or 2 and thats it, or you can use a combination of the two, but as far as I'm aware you cant route filter 1 through filter 2

i have no movement on filter one at all. its just a nice sound but i also cant get it to wobble with a lfo either so this is why i NEED a mod matrix so badly.

What were they thinking not including one?

I know it might sound stupid but its an easy mistake once I had a synth on massive that I set one of the oscillators to -7 by accident and my sub was at -12 so maybe its that or the global tuning

Hmm if i understanded correctly all you have to do is set up mix knob all the way down, and on left side where u choose serial or parallel set up all the way up,and route all oscilators to filter 1..

Or you could try throwing something like Camelphat on top of your synth and control the lfo from there.

Cant say I've ever had the issue with layering a sub tho..

The only other option would be to insert an FX version of Massive after the initial version, and use the filter from the FX version as your 2nd filter? Might have to render to audio after depending on your cpu? I'm guessing 2 instances of massive on 1 channel is a cpu whore!

Hmm if i understanded correctly all you have to do is set up mix knob all the way down, and on left side where u choose serial or parallel set up all the way up,and route all oscilators to filter 1..

That's what I think too, if you route all oscillators to F1 and put them in serial mode, then everything that comes out F1 goes to F2. If OP means to get the WHOLE sound as in after all the synths effects and such, then just get a filter from your DAW and add it to effect chain, simple as.

Back
Top Bottom