Masochism

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by M5318, May 12, 2009.

1. M5318

M5318 Member

Definitions of Masochist on the Web:

* someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment

EZ, my name's Tom and today I had a revelation. I take quite a lot of drugs, and now I'm not bragging or trying to win any pissing contests I'm just trying to fill you in. So as always, a person that takes quite a lot of drugs generally gets given a bad name, because there are too many ignorant people in society.

I have been given this bad name, so someone I know came up to me today, and said "Why do you take drugs? There so bad for you." Now, I'm no quick thinker, but I let the thought progress through the day and I realised something. We as humans find the most pleasure from doing our bodies harm.

Now I'm not talking about going home and cutting yourself or whipping yourself in the back, I mean subconsciously.

Drugs - Some of the most pleasurable things i have ever experienced have been "under the influence". But I'm pretty sure there not doing my body any good.

Drink - If drink wasn't pleasurable then why is there half the population out on the lash every weekend? And hospital statistics show that drink ain't healthy at all, directly or indirectly.

Food - I'm sure I'm not the only one that would prefer a pizza over a salad. And according the British media there is an obesity epidemic, and as far as i know epidemics generally = bad news.

So, do we all have a case of Masochism inside? Do we all love inflicting pain on ourselves, even if it is subconsciously? Or have I just cocked up some mad theory and should probably stay of the chronic for a while?

Discuss...

2. Textbook

Textbook BUTTER

[​IMG]

LIKE THAT??? DO YA??

3. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Hi i'm Noel Edmonds and welcome to the weirdest thread of 2009

4. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Drugs, drink and food are hardly self-inflicted pain/punishment unless you use them in a self distructive way. Even then, it ain't masochism, surely that's about physical pain sensation?

But yeah. Weirdest thread:confused::confused:

5. Rubs90

Rubs90 KeyControl

6. Rock*

Rock* Member

The things you mentioned give humans pleasure, but not because of the harm they cause; thats a down side people are willing to ignore. Its actually probably what STOPS the whole population drinking and taking drugs all the time.

And also you can see that a lot of the population regularly go to the gym, go for a run, play sports which are acts of pleasure that are good for you.

So I don't think we're all masochists!

7. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

8. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

Hi tom, lay off the coca cola for a while.

9. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

yes

cues facepalm