mashup techniques?

Discussion in 'Production' started by shdw, May 5, 2005.

1. shdw

shdw trance'n'bass lover

I am intersted hwo to do mashup if i have just the final versions of tracks as wav file?

Are there some goods program for this? Is it possible to work with corrections like in mix and simulate effects like flanger? I have lots of ideas but don't know how :)

:bounce:

2. DjEffect

DjEffect lethaleffect.co.uk

you mean do a remix of a track?

3. shdw

shdw trance'n'bass lover

U don't know what mashup is? Its two tracks mixed together a.e.: i'll be there 4 u in morning light

4. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

MMMkay, id use a wav editing programme like acid pro, (i use magix audio cleaner to cut my wavs) an cut down the elements you wanna use from each track into nice loopable chunks.

then id import the wavs into a squencer (i use FL Studio) an get the loops running in time by adjusting the tempos, to be the same.

If you wanna run effects like flanges an delays on you wavs you can assign the effects to separate channels in FL.

I started a megamix kinda ting, with several tracks all cut up, using intros of one tune, a lil vox snippet from another, bass an drum from another, with reshuffled elements from another. All done in FL Studio an a wav editing programme.

Few ideas there i hope. :rasta:

5. shdw

shdw trance'n'bass lover

Fo' sure thx man! Well i have mixed on turntables two tracks together and it sounded nice but itt was just luck and its nearly impossible to get them sound same way again without some digital exact time editing. I want mix them together in exact times and use effects + corrections. After i will be finished and have one "mixed track"...i want to try add few things in some adio making program (like reason)... no idea if its possible

6. jay walker

Yer man, tis defo posssible, remember to eq the highs/mids/lows to accompany the other track - for example: keep the bass up on tune A, but take the high end down,m an one tune B keep the bass down, an keep the high end up, if you knwo what i mean.

your best bet to start off is to beat match the 2 tunes, then record them separatley, an layer the section back up in a sequencer. would like to hear what you come up with!
    (y)

7. zeeky deek

zeeky deek Moaning all the time.

You could just be like me and be a don :pimp:

(Yes, that wasn't helpful. No, I don't care.)

8. shdw

shdw trance'n'bass lover

Exactly...

but i need to match them in exact time so they drop in same second... possible?

9. jay walker

cut each of tracks into sections: intros - breakdowns - drops -2nd breakdowns - 2nd drops etc, an trigger each section with your sequencer, you might need to try cutting your wav a few times, coz you might be a split- second out, but itll sound very noticable.

10. shdw

shdw trance'n'bass lover

hmm sounds logicaly... will try to do something today. Will let u know about progress. thx mate