Maschinen style emerging?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Dalek657, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Has anyone else noticed a lot of tracks are starting to take a maschinen type direction. I like Dimension's Maschinen but feel I'm still getting into the style.

Here's Maschinen -

Delta Heavy did a similar thing with their remix of Valentino Khan's - Deep Down Low -https://soundcloud.com/owslaofficial/valentino-khan-deep-down-low-delta-heavy-remix

And now here's an ID of a new DC Breaks track called Bad Flow -

Personally I quite like this new style but what are your thoughts?

2. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

It just follows the trend set by Noisia tunes like Oh Oh and Shaking Hands. Another example, but unlike those two I've mentioned, I quite like this one (Maschinen as well)

3. OneSeventy

OneSeventy Mohican Sun

Reminds me a lot of Noisia - Diplodocus which is not new at all.

Fallen.GeMiNi likes this.
  4. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Oh yeah I can see that. Nothing wrong with these trends though I love it when a new style takes off

5. c man

c man Member

for me its a rip off of Wilkinson - Like it hard

Oleg Desco likes this.
  6. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

I can't really see with Diplodocus but more with Like it hard but not really. I wouldn't say it's a rip-off though. It just didn't really do anything when Wilkinson released it but now people are more interested for some reason. Gotta say though Dimension is interesting. His style is quite simplistic and vaguely mainstream but still influencing biggish names (Chase & Status, Delta heavy DC Breaks etc.) Although a lot of these guys do have new albums out soon so they're probably looking all over to make a really diverse album

7. c man

c man Member

I really rate him as a producer and wouldn't hate on him, I just think you can tell with almost any tune he released which other tune/sounds he tried to copy. Still makes his tunes then sound better then the 'source tune'.

8. OneSeventy

OneSeventy Mohican Sun

For me, a lot of Dimension's tunes have always sounded very Culture Shock inspired. The 'Dimension sound' was Culture Shock's first.

I don't mind this though, because at least Dimension releases tunes (and they're still good).

9. Evizon

Evizon Acetate Avenger

Hypoxia are using the same Euph bass sample in that tune as Volatile Cycle did in 'Rupture' (dnb producers will understand)

Other than that, it would be nice to hear some more original tunes in the drum & bass scene instead of blatant ripoffs.. first Dustup, now Shaking Hands?

10. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Yeah I totally get that with Dimension having a Culture Shock styled sound. Dimension Vs. Friction - Kinetic and Culture Shock's remix of Moko's your love sound really similar. I'm not too bothered about the sound being similar. A lot of Dimension's tunes do have that sound but he's still very original and creative with how he works with it which I like

11. saam

saam Active Member

His first few releases on CYN were pretty fresh but then it all just started sounding like other people's work. Love to me was just take you higher VIP.