FULL POST AT OUR WEBSITE WWW.KONGKRETEBASS.COM
So you like it bleepy, bouncy, distorted and messy? You go wild over stumbling breaks, unexpected cuts and lo-fi edits? May we poke your attention with a bit of “Robocore, glitchstep, fidgetfunk, leftfield drum & bass”!
Our guest DJ & host of this week’s very special KONGKAST
episode is the original German sound sculptor Martsman
, currently the freshest breeze in experimental drum & bass! With recent releases on labels such as Med School, Offshore Recordings, Warm Communications having bagged him a lot of attention throughout the scene and beyond, the name Martsman has become synonymous with uniquely crafted and expressive sounds on the periphery of conventional drum & bass.
In KONGKAST #72
, Martsman will take you on a swift journey through his favourites in electronica and minimal dnb along with plenty of his own productions. Vielen Dank to Martsman for putting together this show for KONGKAST - Hong Kong’s dnb podcast!
Download KONGKAST for free via iTUNES
or directly from HERE
on our website.
Track listing and more about Martsman below…
KONGKAST #72 - ft. exclusive guest show with & by MARTSMAN (PlainAudio, Med School, OSR, Warm Communications/ Germany)
1. Commix - Bear Music (hospital)
2. Breakage - The Shroud (digital soundbwoy)
>> Sileni - Twitchy Droid Leg (offshore)
3. Lxc - Eitherwave [No Drums] (unreleased dub)
4. Martsman - Bluetone (warm communications)
5. Martsman - Antifunk (counter intelligence)
6. Martsman - Apathetic Robot Squad (med school unreleased)
7. Nucleus - Flim Flam (reinforced)
8. Mendelayev - I’m Zombie (alphacut)
9. Squarepusher - North Circular (rephlex)
10. C12 - Judy (Hooked On Coke) [Jonathan Moore remix] (kult)
11. Commix, Nu:tone, Logistics - Soundbyte (hospital)
12. Martsman - Trueschool Drumkit Wonder (med school)
13. Martsman - Klikoucha (offshore unreleased)
14. Randomer - Down In The Woods (alphacut unreleased)
15. Sileni - Bingggg (unreleased dub)
16. Martsman - Sir Gordon Jumpmeister III (med school)
17. Martsman - Halow (med school)
18. Martsman - Modem Mating Call (unreleased dub)
Martsman, real name Martin Heinze (currently based in Berlin and Karlsruhe, Germany) got into Drum&Bass around the end of the 90s. Artists like Alpha Omega, 4 Hero, Sonar Circle and Squarepusher had a formative influence on him during the first years and after witnessing a Paradox live set in 2001, his ever growing interest in Drum&Bass evolved to the point where he began to produce his own music. With his affection for prominent basslines and stumbling breaks in combination with glitchy edits and bleepy minimalism, Martsman has developed a unique musical style which extends the current perception of Drum&Bass.
Debuting on New York based Offshore Recordings in 2005, he released on smaller as well as established labels like Alphacut Records or Counter Intelligence in the following years. For 2008, tracks on Warm Communications and Hospital Records’ sub label Med School attract the attention of a steadily growing audience also from outside the Drum&Bass scene.
Besides being Producer and DJ, Martsman is also an active member of Hamburg based Label Plain Productions where he is responsible for A&R. Plain Productions was founded in 2001 by Hamburg based DJ, Producer and Promoter Iaka. In 2005, after a two year break, it was relaunched as a netlabel for Drum&Bass, Electronica and Experimental music featuring German as well as international artists.
Releases in 2008:
Recess (Martsman Remix) / Bluetone [Warm Communications, 2008]
Worst Case Scenario [Med School, 2008]
8-Bit Bouncer/Halow [Med School, 2008]
Cold Love [with Bad Matter/ Lightless, 2008]
Aeiro [Breakin, 2008]
Trueschool Drumkitwonder EP [Med School] - November 2008
Klikoucha / Disharmonic Anti Anthem [Offshore] - TBA
:fett: :thumbup: :smoke: