Marshall Cab with hifi amp for DJing?

Apeh

I have a set of really nice floor standers that I use for bedroom djing but on the session I don't really wanna bring down two flights of stairs (loft room) as everytime i've done this so far there has been some cosmetic damage. As I used to be in bands etc i've got a marshall cab and was just wondering if there's anyway of using this as my speaker? not the Marshall amp, just the cab... can I run it through a normal HIFI amplifier?

I understand there could be frequency problems but if I cut out the Marshall amp and just use the cab, am I not cutting out that problem?

Just any advice would really help, don't really wanna try it without consulting people first as I don't wanna blow the cab!

I understand there could be frequency problems but if I cut out the Marshall amp and just use the cab, am I not cutting out that problem?

Just any advice would really help, don't really wanna try it without consulting people first as I don't wanna blow the cab!

Its the speakers that will limit your frequency range, so using a different amp wont make a difference, is it a 4x12 cab? If so it wouldnt really be worth the effort mate, these sort of cabinets are designed for the optimal frequencies of guitars, so theyre not made with full range applications in mind.

Back
Top Bottom