Marshall Artist

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Feb 28, 2014.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

Anybody into gettin all chop chop?

Im starting kenpo-jujitsu and kick boxing, orrr muay thai..

Im thinking muay thai be better for all round fitness and boat race kicks but then, jujitsu ( not brazillian ) be good for technical ninja shiiit..

Is it like boxing when you first start and you get ding'd in the nose bone a few times and get kicked in and if you can hack it they man you the feck up.. Will it be full contact sparring im starting it with my weaker cousin and not sure how id feel about rinsing his facial out?

Anyone here done any marshall arts? What were the benefits and do you consider yourself worthy of a blue peter badge

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. chewdiggy

chewdiggy Member

Disappointed. I came in here expecting photochops of Marshall Mathers III doing airbrush techniques.

3. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

4. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

I used to do martial arts, the first thing you have to know is discipline. It's not all about kicking people in the face, you'll probably do a lot of non-contact or semi-contact sparring. It is an art form so treat it that way

5. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

If anyone is from around the Somerset area my dad owns this place

http://www.panthersmaa.com

I trained from when I was 4 and quit when I was 12 got bored and found drugs, recently just started again though and loved it!

6. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Also in regards to the full contact etc... All depends on the place and who's running it, there are some very professionally run places and obviously there is the polar opposite. My dad does teach full contact, light contact and semi-contact. He teaches ju-jutsu and kickboxing for the MMA side of things but that will incorporate knees and elbows and you get provided with padding when doing full contact

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I discovered that no matter how much you learn, how much you work, and no matter how many asses you kick. Your penis never gets any bigger :(

8. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I trained in MAA and BJJ for a while and I've never know the training to be full contact, tends to range from about 50% - 75%. People who run gyms don't want their fighters going full contact because they'd end up injured every week and it's a lot to put your body through.