MARLOK - LEAVING THE CITY

I could of sworn I just left a comment on this in another post?????????????
Did you get the feedback?

haha sorry i renamed the tune wile i updated it and made a new thread
cheers tho

Yeah man. Loving it. Real vibes off this one. Dunno if you saw my comment before the other thread got changed but maybe use a slightly less aggressive snare? Something with a little less snap? Musically excellent though mate. Nice!

I keep wanting to hear a mid-range wobble. Slowly progressing in building tention and releasing.

I must say that the atmosphere you build up in the intro is just spot on! Really digging the liquid tracks you've put up recently they are sweet man. Tho I agree with sam on the snare/clap.

agree on the snare too, less agressive and ur into something here!

reminds me of something hybrid minds wud put up minus the mastering and vocals.....

tighten it up (mainly snare) and get some vocals in there

cheers guys
ill see what i can do about the snare
and try an get some vocals

Love this track Simon, can I leave one Criticism, you don't push your stuff enough, this forum alone will get nowhere, its such a small percantage, push your tunes out there, get noticed you have skills, i think we've been there before but you have skills, its up to you push it forward if you want to

Nice atmospherics, though it would be nice with some kind of unexpected element in there though, something a little bit random, sample your telly or radio on a random station or someone talking across the hall or whatever. Just to mix up the standard rain, sirens, traffic, vinyl crackling and a sad piano ting a little bit, you know? Add your own touch to it.

I'd add some dubby effects and one-shots, little incidentals here and there and probs change the high hat patterns every now and again, maybe change the percussion up entirely, like have parts with shakers and tambs instead or add a ride or wood blocks or whatever, just send every element of the track on its own little journey kind of thing.

And it would be nice with a little bit of space between the intro and the drop, like a reverse crash building up to the bar before the drop and then silence / reverbs just to give it a little extra oomph.

So yeah, digging this, keep pushing out fresh tracks man!

cheers for feedback ill have a go at some of them ideas

@ toejam cheers mate im not really sure where to begin with gettin myself out there more the dnb scene where i live is pretty much non existent so meeting djs an promoters about isnt really an option

Pfeww good vibes on this one mate! The bell like synth in the intro is amazing, it really adds to the track. Maybe you could go with throwing a little more high end on the background pads, to bring them a bit more up front. Otherwise very good stuff mate!

Back
Top Bottom