MARLOK - FIND YOU

Liking the glitchy sounds in the intro, very C64 like.....

Drums need alot of work mate if im honest, snare sounds really weak, and muffled. And the kick doesnt have much thump. But as you pointed out it is still a WIP, so I guess you can figure all that stuff out later. Look forward to hearing the finished piece

cheers man can sort of see what you mean bout the snare but i kinda wanted it like that
also the kick is thumping like a cunt on my end?lol

easy bro !! feeling it but i hav to say ur snare just needs to come up a good few dB and get compressed right so its a whipper snapper snare and then ul get my full approval

This is some dark styles man! Intros cool, bass is filthy, i think the drums sound alright...at work at the minute so will have a listen on the monitors at home and give ya a bit more feedback. The track for me gets a bit boring for my personal tastes althoughit is livened up a bit more with that old skool stab/synth that comes in later on in the track Maybe you could incorporate a few single hits of this earlier in the track? May be some fast hats or a ride cymbal would liven the high end up a bit more give it a bit more energy after that break at about 1.09.

Drums seem to have FAR too much presence over the bassline in my opiniiiiion.

Could be seriously grotty if you sorted out the mix.

I think the kick and snare are FAR too punchy at the mo. They take it away from everything else tm. You'd be better off with a kinda... "Northern Lights" kinda drum sound?

Big tho mate. Could be a banger!

cheers guys
ive been reworkin the drums abit now got a bit of a different sound but same structure will try out some extra hats an rides etc aswell

I love the kick and snare, try not to lose their character as you bring them out more!

"kinda dark", lol

Glitch and breakbeats at the ends of phrase would be pretty tight, but I'll say that about every song. I like the groove around 2:00. It'll be nice to hear that once it's bigger.

I really like some of the releases by N.Phect, Rawtekk, and Mofi - this reminds me of that a little. Theirs is a bit crunchier than yours...

The intro is really cool, would be nice to hear a more experimental beat drop after that instead of the standard. Cool vibes tho, lets hear the finished thing then.

Back
Top Bottom